Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 02:43:57 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+17/-0/💬14)
  17 issues created:
  - Unknown preconditions aren't safe (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/715 
  - Multiple content codings are possible (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/714 
  - Should Charset mention UTF-8 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/713 
  - Representations of the response (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/712 
  - Realm is under-specified (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/710 
  - Important notes regarding Referer (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/709 
  - From and authentication (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/708 
  - Content-Length and Transfer-Encoding coexistence (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/704 
  - Is a prohibition against mixed line termination a requirement? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/703 
  - Messages aren't always self-descriptive (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/700 
  - Consider alternatives to "white out" (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/698 
  - Whitespace is not removed from field values in HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/697 
  - US-ASCII (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/696 
  - Narrow reference to -caching where a broad one would do (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/694 
  - Assumed properties of new methods (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/692 
  - Method semantics win (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/691 
  - Is -messaging part of the core definition of HTTP? (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/690 

  5 issues received 14 new comments:
  - #713 Should Charset mention UTF-8 (1 by annevk)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/713 
  - #690 Is -messaging part of the core definition of HTTP? (2 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/690 
  - #687 MUST NOT lie (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/687 [semantics] 
  - #684 status-code parsing (8 by annevk, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/684 
  - #683 field-value production rules out CTL characters, but these are common in the wild (2 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/683 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+1/-1/💬3)
  1 issues created:
  - RFC6265bis does not specify what happens to existing cookies when the Public Suffix List changes (by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1385 

  3 issues received 3 new comments:
  - #1377 Deprecate/obsolete all legacy algorithms below sha-256 (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1377 [digest-headers] 
  - #769 Clarify SameSite behavior for non-HTTP API (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/769 [6265bis] [samesite] 
  - #628 Clarify behaviour on page refresh for SameSite cookies (1 by englehardt)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/628 [6265bis] [samesite] 

  1 issues closed:
  - Support for Partial Hits https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1381 [cache-header] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+9/-2/💬1)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - The document recommends putting Basic first (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/711 
  - Origin servers might support CONNECT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/707 
  - How a HEAD response terminates is version-specific (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/706 
  - Add parentheses to "lost update" reference (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/705 
  - A content-type converts abstract data into bits (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/702 
  - TE: trailers is in a request (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/701 
  - Use overwrite rather than "white out" (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/699 
  - Try to better define "strong" encryption (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/695 
  - Remove 6919 language (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/693 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #701 TE: trailers is in a request (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/701 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - The document recommends putting Basic first
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/711 
  - Add parentheses to "lost update" reference
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/705 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-0/💬8)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - nits for Structured Field Values parsing algo (by Jxck)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1386 
  - RFC 6265bis: Clarify same-site for reload navigations (by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1384 

  3 pull requests received 8 new comments:
  - #1386 nits for Structured Field Values parsing algo (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1386 
  - #1384 RFC 6265bis: Clarify same-site for reload navigations (5 by chlily1, englehardt, miketaylr, sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1384 
  - #1348 Consider redirects when defining same-site (2 by englehardt, miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1348 [samesite] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+1/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - fix IETF area name (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/809 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - fix IETF area name
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/809 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec