Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 03:03:51 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+6/-3/💬34)
  6 issues created:
  - When Date doesn't parse (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/669 [caching] [needs-data] [semantics] 
  - Duplicative specification of precondition handling (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/665 [caching] [semantics] 
  - must-understand semantics (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/661 [caching] 
  - Very Old Warnings (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/660 [caching] 
  - Freshening responses with more than one validator (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/659 [caching] 
  - Multiple kinds of payload in HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 conflict with payload terminology from core and RFC7230 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/654 

  8 issues received 34 new comments:
  - #669 When Date doesn't parse (2 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/669 [caching] [needs-data] [semantics] 
  - #665 Duplicative specification of precondition handling (3 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/665 [caching] [semantics] 
  - #660 Very Old Warnings (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/660 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #659 Freshening responses with more than one validator (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/659 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - #654 Multiple kinds of payload in HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 conflict with payload terminology from core and RFC7230 (2 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/654 
  - #636 Target-URI is absolute (4 by DavidSchinazi, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/636 [semantics] 
  - #634 2.3 Length Requirements (7 by mnot, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/634 [semantics] 
  - #618 can Content-Range appear in a request? (14 by MikeBishop, ioggstream, mnot, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/618 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Freshening responses with more than one validator https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/659 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - 2.3 Length Requirements https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/634 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - "Captive Portal" https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/637 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+2/-3/💬24)
  2 issues created:
  - Third-party cookies (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1372 [6265bis] 
  - Fairness and proxy-to-origin (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1368 [priorities] 

  7 issues received 24 new comments:
  - #1368 Fairness and proxy-to-origin (2 by LPardue, rmarx)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1368 [priorities] 
  - #1349 Digest: problems reproducing some §10 examples (3 by LPardue, bc-pi, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1349 [digest-headers] 
  - #1251 Inconsistent rules around whitespace (1 by zcorpan)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1251 [header-structure] 
  - #1056 The default priority of a pushed request (2 by kazuho, rmarx)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1056 [priorities] 
  - #970 Computing Digest in requests (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/970 [digest-headers] 
  - #885 Define id- as a prefix for any Digest alg, not just id-sha-256 and id-sha-512 (14 by LPardue, ioggstream, martinthomson, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/885 [digest-headers] 
  - #628 Clarify behaviour on page refresh for SameSite cookies (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/628 [6265bis] [samesite] 

  3 issues closed:
  - The default priority of a pushed request https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1056 [priorities] 
  - Fairness and proxy-to-origin https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1368 [priorities] 
  - "Within the stream limit" in HTTP/2? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1261 [priorities] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+2/-0/💬1)
  2 issues created:
  - "Payload" is too heavily overloaded (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/803 
  - Defer to core HTTP for 421 status code (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/802 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #803 "Payload" is too heavily overloaded (1 by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/803 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+11/-18/💬7)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Modify must-understand to be backwards-compatible (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/668 
  - Even HTTP/1.0 caches now support Age and CC (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/667 
  - Clarify how multiple validators are handled (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/666 
  - Mention INM/IMS precedence (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/664 
  - Clarify how caches handle missing Date (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/663 
  - parse defensively instead of requiring an untestable reasonableness (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/662 
  - mention request target forms in considerations for new methods (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/656 
  - Use the term content instead of payload (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/655 
  - provide a definition for partial PUT (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/653 [semantics] 
  - Remove 'captive portal' (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/652 
  - consistent style for definitions (fixes #650) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/651 

  4 pull requests received 7 new comments:
  - #666 Clarify how multiple validators are handled (2 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/666 
  - #655 Use the term content instead of payload (2 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/655 
  - #653 provide a definition for partial PUT (2 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/653 [semantics] 
  - #635 More payload -> payload data (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/635 

  18 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify how multiple validators are handled
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/666 
  - Modify must-understand to be backwards-compatible
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/668 
  - Mention INM/IMS precedence
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/664 
  - Clarify how caches handle missing Date
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/663 
  - parse defensively instead of requiring an untestable reasonableness
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/662 
  - mention request target forms in considerations for new methods
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/656 
  - Remove 'captive portal'
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/652 
  - Tweak abstract
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/630 
  - consistent style for definitions (fixes #650)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/651 
  - Reword
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/641 
  - Refine caching deployment claims
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/639 
  - Cache can't be used when acting as a tunnel
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/638 
  - Tweak core semantics
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/631 
  - Clarify default response selection
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/647 
  - Move 'combining partial content' up
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/644 
  - Add definition markup for selected response
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/645 
  - Mention Vary explicitly
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/642 
  - transfers -> transmission
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/640 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-5/💬4)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - parameter regisration process (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1371 
  - priorities: add a parameter registry and process (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1370 
  - Remove resolved priority fairness TODO (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1369 

  3 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #1370 priorities: add a parameter registry and process (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1370 
  - #1345 Describe considerations for server push prioritisation (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1345 [priorities] 
  - #1344 priority: HTTP/2 doesn't have stream limits (2 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1344 [priorities] 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - parameter registration process
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1371 
  - Describe considerations for server push prioritisation
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1345 [priorities] 
  - Remove resolved priority fairness TODO
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1369 
  - priority: HTTP/2 doesn't have stream limits
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1344 [priorities] 
  - Fix. #1364. missing Location
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1367 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec