Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 03:12:59 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-7/💬10)
  2 issues created:
  - Styling issue in message/http registration (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/676 
  - Message and Representation abstractions (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/672 [semantics] 

  4 issues received 10 new comments:
  - #676 Styling issue in message/http registration (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/676 
  - #669 When Date doesn't parse (3 by martinthomson, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/669 [caching] [needs-data] [semantics] 
  - #665 Duplicative specification of precondition handling (5 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/665 [caching] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - #294 Description and use of protocol layers (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/294 [semantics] [waiting] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Styling issue in message/http registration https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/676 
  - Message and Representation abstractions https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/672 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Description and use of protocol layers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/294 [has-proposal] [semantics] [waiting] 
  - Duplicative specification of precondition handling https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/665 [caching] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - When Date doesn't parse https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/669 [caching] [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - Very Old Warnings https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/660 [caching] [has-proposal] 
  - can Content-Range appear in a request? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/618 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-5/💬18)
  3 issues created:
  - Deprecate all legacy algorithms but crc32c (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1377 
  - 10.6. Client and Server Provide Full Representation Data, Client Uses id-sha-256. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1374 
  - signatures: clarification around RSASSA-PSS salt for examples. (by micahhausler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1373 

  9 issues received 18 new comments:
  - #1377 Deprecate all legacy algorithms but crc32c (5 by LPardue, ioggstream, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1377 [digest-headers] 
  - #1372 Third-party cookies (1 by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1372 [6265bis] 
  - #1365 digest-headers: 10.9, Location field missing in response (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1365 [digest-headers] 
  - #1364 digest-headers: missing Location field in response in 10.7 (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1364 [digest-headers] 
  - #1358 digest-headers: examples in 10.4 incomplete (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1358 [digest-headers] 
  - #1349 Digest: problems reproducing some §10 examples (5 by LPardue, bc-pi, ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1349 [digest-headers] 
  - #1251 Inconsistent rules around whitespace (2 by annevk, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1251 [header-structure] 
  - #1139 If ADLER32 isn't good enough, why is sum OK? (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1139 [digest-headers] 
  - #1138 sum and cksum aren't cryptographic either (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1138 [digest-headers] 

  5 issues closed:
  - If ADLER32 isn't good enough, why is sum OK? https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1139 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: examples in 10.4 incomplete https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1358 [digest-headers] 
  - 10.6. Client and Server Provide Full Representation Data, Client Uses id-sha-256. https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1374 
  - digest-headers: missing Location field in response in 10.7 https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1364 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: 10.9, Location field missing in response https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1365 [digest-headers] 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+4/-6/💬6)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - fix cache response directive subsection ordering (fixes #674) (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/679 
  - Rework representations (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/673 
  - Invalid Date handling (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/671 
  - Specify IMS and IUS like INM and If-Match (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/670 

  4 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #671 Invalid Date handling (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/671 
  - #670 Specify IMS and IUS like INM and If-Match (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/670 
  - #655 Use the term content instead of payload (2 by mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/655 
  - #635 More payload -> payload data (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/635 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Rework representations
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/673 
  - Specify IMS and IUS like INM and If-Match
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/670 
  - Invalid Date handling
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/671 
  - Even HTTP/1.0 caches now support Age and CC
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/667 
  - provide a definition for partial PUT
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/653 [semantics] 
  - Use the term content instead of payload
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/655 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-1/💬5)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix: #1377. Deprecate unixsum and unixcksum. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1378 
  - Fix: #1357. Clarify Digest+HEAD. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1376 
  - Fix: #1365. Add missing headers (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1375 

  2 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #1376 Fix: #1357. Clarify Digest+HEAD. (3 by ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1376 [digest-headers] 
  - #1354 digest: fix SRI section ref (2 by LPardue, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1354 [digest-headers] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Fix: #1365. Add missing headers
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1375 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec