Subject: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03.txt

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:11:52 +0000

Hi Folks,

Kazuho and I have published a new version of the Priority draft.

Notable changes in this one are: an expanded considerations for
prioritisation of server push, and improved language and terminology around
the usage of HTTP/2 PRIORITY_UPDATE (thanks Mike Bishop for input here).
With this version we've reduced the open issues to zero.

I also want to draw attention to the addition of a Priority Parameter
registry. This is an extensible scheme and the document already included
guidance on how to design new extensions. Namely that they should be
designed in a way that does not break expectations around urgency and
incremental parameters should the peer ignore the parameter. The editors
have heard some informal interest in exercising this extension point and we
believe a registry will help us maintain some minimal oversight of new
parameters if they emerge. We've opted for "Registration requests are
reviewed and approved by a Designated Expert, as per [RFC8126], Section
4.5."

Cheers,
Lucas

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 1:59 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03.txt
To: Kazuho Oku <[email-masked]>, Lucas Pardue <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Lucas Pardue and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-httpbis-priority
Revision:       03
Title:          Extensible Prioritization Scheme for HTTP
Document date:  2021-01-11
Group:          httpbis
Pages:          24
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03.html
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-03

Abstract:
   This document describes a scheme for prioritizing HTTP responses.
   This scheme expresses the priority of each HTTP response using
   absolute values, rather than as a relative relationship between a
   group of HTTP responses.

   This document defines the Priority header field for communicating the
   initial priority in an HTTP version-independent manner, as well as
   HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 frames for reprioritizing the responses.  These
   share a common format structure that is designed to provide future
   extensibility.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat