Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 02:56:12 -0500 (EST)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+2/-5/💬14)
  2 issues created:
  - import 421 (Misdirected Request) Status Code from h2 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/622 [semantics] 
  - can Content-Range appear in a request? (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/618 [semantics] 

  5 issues received 14 new comments:
  - #622 import 421 (Misdirected Request) Status Code from h2 (4 by martinthomson, mnot, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/622 [semantics] 
  - #618 can Content-Range appear in a request? (7 by MikeBishop, mnot, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/618 [semantics] 
  - #617 Clarify guidance for requests that have both content-length and transfer-encoding headers (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/617 
  - #574 Host needs more semantic and security requirements (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/574 
  - #568 accept-ext in Accept header field used in practice? (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/568 [has-proposal] [semantics] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Clarify guidance for requests that have both content-length and transfer-encoding headers https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/617 [h1-messaging] [has-proposal] 
  - Host needs more semantic and security requirements https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/574 
  - can Content-Range appear in a request? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/618 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - accept-ext in Accept header field used in practice? https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/568 [has-proposal] [semantics] 
  - must-revalidate overspecifies a MUST send 504 instead of 5xx https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/608 [caching] [has-proposal] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+8/-2/💬24)
  8 issues created:
  - digest-headers: general feedback on Section 6 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1366 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: 10.9, Location field missing in response (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1365 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: missing Location field in response in 10.7 (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1364 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: support vs SRI (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1363 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: examples in 10.4 incomplete (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1358 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: confusing section "Server Returns No Representation Data" (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1357 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: cites Section 3.4.5 of SIR but that section does not exist (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1353 
  - [6265bis] Clarification needed on URL-encoded Paths and Path-Match (by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1351 

  9 issues received 24 new comments:
  - #1366 digest-headers: general feedback on Section 6 (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1366 [digest-headers] 
  - #1365 digest-headers: 10.9, Location field missing in response (2 by ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1365 [digest-headers] 
  - #1358 digest-headers: examples in 10.4 incomplete (2 by ioggstream, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1358 [digest-headers] 
  - #1357 digest-headers: confusing section "Server Returns No Representation Data" (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1357 [digest-headers] 
  - #1353 digest-headers: cites Section 3.4.5 of SIR but that section does not exist (2 by LPardue, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1353 [digest-headers] 
  - #1351 [6265bis] Clarification needed on URL-encoded Paths and Path-Match (2 by miketaylr)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1351 
  - #1349 Digest: problems reproducing some §10 examples (5 by LPardue, bc-pi, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1349 [digest-headers] 
  - #1056 The default priority of a pushed request (8 by LPardue, MikeBishop, kazuho)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1056 [priorities] 
  - #970 Computing Digest in requests (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/970 [digest-headers] 

  2 issues closed:
  - Digest: problems reproducing some §10 examples https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1349 [digest-headers] 
  - [6265bis] Clarification needed on URL-encoded Paths and Path-Match https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1351 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+5/-6/💬6)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - import the 421 (Misdirected Request) status code from RFC7540 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/624 [semantics] 
  - Clarify that intermediary can forward dual TE and CL message after removing CL and processing TE (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/623 [h1-messaging] 
  - Mention Structured Fields (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/621 
  - Ignore content-range in requests (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/620 
  - Clarify must-revalidate error response (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/619 

  3 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #624 import the 421 (Misdirected Request) status code from RFC7540 (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/624 [semantics] 
  - #620 Ignore content-range in requests (3 by mnot, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/620 
  - #615 remove accept-params from Accept field ABNF (fixes #568) (2 by mnot, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/615 [semantics] 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Mention Structured Fields
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/621 
  - Clarify that intermediary can forward dual TE and CL message after removing CL and processing TE
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/623 [h1-messaging] 
  - Ignore content-range in requests
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/620 
  - remove accept-params from Accept field ABNF (fixes #568)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/615 [semantics] 
  - Clarify must-revalidate error response
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/619 
  - Replace "partial request" with "range request"
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/612 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+9/-7/💬17)
  9 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix. #1364. missing Location (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1367 
  - Ioggstream digest end of 2020 editorial pt2 (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1362 
  - digest: end of 2020 editorial pass part 3 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1361 
  - digest: end of 2020 editorial pass part 2 (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1360 
  - Fix: #1358. Missing headers in examples (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1359 
  - digest: end of 2020 editorial pass (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1355 [digest-headers] 
  - digest: fix SRI section ref (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1354 
  - digest-headers: fix section reference (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1352 
  - Fix: #1349. Include spaces in digest computation. (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1350 

  5 pull requests received 17 new comments:
  - #1360 digest: end of 2020 editorial pass part 2 (1 by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1360 [digest-headers] 
  - #1354 digest: fix SRI section ref (2 by LPardue, reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1354 
  - #1350 Fix: #1349. Include spaces in digest computation. (2 by bc-pi, ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1350 [digest-headers] 
  - #1345 Describe considerations for server push prioritisation (1 by rmarx)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1345 [priorities] 
  - #1344 priority: HTTP/2 doesn't have stream limits (11 by LPardue, MikeBishop, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1344 [priorities] 

  7 pull requests merged:
  - Fix: #1356. Missing headers in examples
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1359 [digest-headers] 
  - digest: end of 2020 editorial pass part 3
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1361 [digest-headers] 
  - Ioggstream digest end of 2020 editorial pt2
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1362 [digest-headers] 
  - digest: end of 2020 editorial pass
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1355 [digest-headers] 
  - Fix: #1349. Include spaces in digest computation.
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1350 [digest-headers] 
  - digest-headers: fix section reference
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1352 
  - Set author country
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1346 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec