Subject: Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:28:55 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a good, and very readable document. Thank you!

I'd *really* like to see an example showing a header with both multiple proxies
*and* a message/error, something like: Proxy-Status: FooProxy, SomeCDN;
error=connection_timeout This will, I hope, reduce the chance of someone
messing up and assuming either just multiple proxies *or* more info.

It seems like just extending the example in 2.1.1 (or adding a second example
to that section) should be easy...

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:04:51 +1000

Hi Warren,

> On 26 Aug 2021, at 2:28 am, Warren Kumari via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Done. See:
  https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status.html#name-error

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/