Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-18.txt> (HTTP/1.1) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:08:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the HTTP WG (httpbis) to consider the
following document: - 'HTTP/1.1'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging-18.txt> as Internet Standard

This second Last Call is specifically on the intended RFC status change, which 
was incorrectly set to Proposed Standard on the previous Last Call.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on the intended RFC status change from Proposed Standard to 
Internet Standard. Please send substantive comments to the 
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is a stateless application-
   level protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypertext information
   systems.  This document specifies the HTTP/1.1 message syntax,
   message parsing, connection management, and related security
   concerns.

   This document obsoletes portions of RFC 7230.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-messaging/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7405: Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF (Proposed Standard - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))
    rfc8446: The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3 (Proposed Standard - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))