Subject: Murray Kucherawy's Yes on draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 21:55:34 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header-09: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-cache-header/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicely done.  Just a couple of things to note:

The shepherd writeup doesn't fully answer questions (1) or (7).

A suggestion in Section 2:

OLD:
   The Cache-Status HTTP response header field indicates caches'
   handling of the request corresponding to the response it occurs
   within.
NEW:
   The Cache-Status HTTP response header field indicates caches'
   handling of the request corresponding to the response within which
   it occurs.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:13:13 +1000

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the feedback. Response below.

> On 12 Aug 2021, at 2:55 pm, Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Both are simultaneously grammatical and unwieldy. I've gone in a slightly different direction:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/commit/3907e7e328

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:14:01 +1000

> On 12 Aug 2021, at 3:13 pm, Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hey Adam,

Adam? Murray... too many ADs over the years. Sorry.

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 23:21:15 -0700

> Adam? Murray... too many ADs over the years. Sorry.

It's OK, apparently we sound alike too.

-MSK