Subject: Weekly github digest (HTTP Activity Summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 07:34:06 +0000

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* httpwg/http-core (+7/-4/💬13)
  7 issues created:
  - Proof of work as DDOS mitigation (by earonesty)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/935 
  - Section 10.2 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/934 
  - Old requirements in 8.8.4 When to Use Entity-Tags and Last-Modified Dates (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/933 [semantics] 
  - More Permissive Syntax for "Accept-Encoding" (by felixhandte)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/932 
  - Section 7.7 (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/930 
  - RFC 5322 is not cited normatively, yet used in the ABNF (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/924 [semantics] 
  - removal of obs-fold from field-value causes inconsistencies (by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/923 

  6 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #935 Proof of work as DDOS mitigation (3 by earonesty, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/935 
  - #934 Trailer and Date are bidirectional fields (3 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/934 [semantics] 
  - #930 Section 7.7 (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/930 
  - #924 RFC 5322 is not cited normatively, yet used in the ABNF (2 by reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/924 [semantics] 
  - #916 Roman's COMMENT on Messaging (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/916 [h1-messaging] 
  - #915 Ben Kakuk's COMMENT on Messaging (3 by martinthomson, reschke, royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/915 [h1-messaging] 

  4 issues closed:
  - Trailer and Date are bidirectional fields https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/934 [semantics] 
  - Proof of work as DDOS mitigation https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/935 
  - RFC 5322 is not cited normatively, yet used in the ABNF https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/924 [semantics] 
  - Roman's COMMENT on Messaging https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/issues/916 [h1-messaging] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+3/-2/💬6)
  3 issues created:
  - RFC6265bis: Update 'Storage Model' to include more character set restrictions / processing (by recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1593 
  - TSVart review of proxy-status (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1591 [proxy-status] 
  - Éric Vyncke comments on cache-header (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1590 [cache-header] 

  2 issues received 6 new comments:
  - #1531 RFC 6265bis: Truncating cookie values may enable attack (2 by annevk, chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1531 [6265bis] 
  - #1210 Note that cookie serialisation algorithm may produce output that doesn't match cookie-string (4 by chlily1, recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1210 [6265bis] 

  2 issues closed:
  - RFC 6265bis: Truncating cookie values may enable attack https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1531 [6265bis] 
  - Secdir review of bcp56bis https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1582 [bcp56bis] 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+3/-0/💬1)
  3 issues created:
  - Prohibit multiple :authority pseudo-headers (by nharper)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/883 
  - http-scheme without out-of-band (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/881 
  - Priorities in the Introduction (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/880 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #881 http-scheme without out-of-band (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/issues/881 

Pull requests
-------------
* httpwg/http-core (+1/-1/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - move RFC5322 to normative references (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/929 [semantics] 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #929 move RFC5322 to normative references (1 by reschke)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/929 [semantics] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - move RFC5322 to normative references
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-core/pull/929 [semantics] 

* httpwg/http-extensions (+6/-3/💬3)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Add "Accept-Signature" header definition (by jricher)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1594 
  - RFC6265bis: Improve handling of nameless cookies when serializing (by recvfrom)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1592 
  - RFC 6265bis: Exclude HTAB from CTLs that cause cookie rejection (by chlily1)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1589 
  - Mnot wrapping (by mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1588 
  - Add examples with Content-Digest (by ioggstream)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1587 
  - Enable linting by default (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1586 

  2 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #1589 RFC 6265bis: Exclude HTAB from CTLs that cause cookie rejection (2 by chlily1, sbingler)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1589 
  - #1585 Fix trailing whitespace (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1585 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - RFC 6265bis: Exclude HTAB from CTLs that cause cookie rejection
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1589 
  - Enable linting by default
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1586 
  - Mnot wrapping
    https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/1588 

* httpwg/http2-spec (+3/-0/💬5)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Prohibit duplicate pseudo-headers in requests. (by nharper)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/884 
  - Revise overview text on priority (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/882 
  - Clarify the rules on server-sent HEADERS (by Lukasa)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/879 

  1 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #879 Clarify the rules on server-sent HEADERS (5 by Lukasa, martinthomson, mnot)
    https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec/pull/879 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-core
* https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions
* https://github.com/httpwg/http2-spec