Subject: Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-bcp56bis-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 04:40:57 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpbis-bcp56bis-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-bcp56bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this document, I found it to be a very interesting read, and I can
see that this will be useful to refer to in future.

A few minor comments:

Sec 4.4.2:
"However, application-specific schemes can also be defined"

Given the previous paragraph is using 2119 language, I think that "MAY" would
be better than "can also" here.

Sec 4.5.1:
Suggest changing "to have content" to "to contain content".  I had to read this
a couple of times to understand that this was about the GET request sending
content to the server rather than content in the response.

Sec 4.13:
Nit:
Suggest changing "consider the application actually" => "actually consider the
application"

Sec: 6.1.  Privacy Considerations
"to run mobile code"
I think that it would be helpful to expand on what you mean by "to run mobile
code".  I.e., I presume this is about allowing a client to send code that is
executed on the server, rather than the concern being about applications that
run on mobile/cell devices. ;-)

Regards,
Rob

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:00:23 +1000

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the feedback. I've responded and tracked the resulting changes in:
  https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues/1611

Happy to discuss further here or there if necessary.

Cheers,

> On 20 Aug 2021, at 9:40 pm, Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Sec 4.4.2:

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/