Subject: Chip Set Registration

From: John Flick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

Lynn Kubinec writes:
 > Minutes of the HUBMIB Working Group at the 42nd IETF

...

 > The chair concluded that the object would be removed from the MIB module 
 > and another survey will be made of it usefulness.  If the object is kept,
 > then IANA registration will be the method followed.  Deadline for deciding
 > is the next IETF meetings.  Gigabit ethernet was approved by the IEEE in
 > June and it shouldn't take more than six months to move through the IETF.

Has any progress been made here (like the above mentioned survey of
this object's usefulness)?  The editor doesn't understand the edits
needed to resolve this issue.

John

---

From: "Dan romascanu DVP-TA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 98 9:02:49 +0200

John,

> this object's usefulness)?  The editor doesn't understand the edits

Chair's guidance:

A window for expressing opinions on this matter is open for the coming 
two working weeks (until Nov. 6). Unless strong arguments are brought and 
consensus is reached by the group concerning the strong need for this 
object, chipset registration will be taken out of the future versions of 
the Ethernet-like MIB.

Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Dan Romascanu,
Systems Architecture Group Manager,
LANNET (Lucent Israel),
Voice: 972-3-645-8414, e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------