Subject: [Hubmib] (no subject)

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:17:28 +0200

The Ethernet MIBs editors hold a conference on 6/11, with the following
agenda:

1. Structure of the documents for the current Charter
2. Editorial responsibilities
3. Schedule for issuing the Internet-Drafts for the London IETF

Participants:

Avi Berger
Mike Ayers
KC Norseth
John Flick
Yasha Karant
Kerry McDonald
Dan Romascanu

Not Present:

Tom Rutt

Yasha Karant and Kerry McDonald introduced themselves. Yasha and Kerry are
with the Department of Computer Science, Institute for Applied
Supercomputing in San Bernardino. Kerry will join the 10 Gbps Ethernet MIB
work, and Yasha will support the WG with the vendor-independent collection
and processing of information concerning implementation of the WG documents
on the standards track.

The group discussed the structure of the documents to meet the goals in the
Charter. It was decided that the following four WG Internet-Drafts will be
prepared for the London IETF meeting:

MAU MIB ('son-of-2668') - main editor John Flick
Ethernet Interfaces MIB ('son-of-2665') - main editor John Flick
Power Ethernet MIB - main editor Avi Berger
WIS MIB - main editor Mike Ayers

The issue of the WIS MIB led to some discussions. Three options were
considered:

a. make the WIS MIB part of the 'son-of-2665' document
b. issue it as individual contribution I-D
c. issue it as WG  I-D

The consensus in the call was to go for now with option c., but to let the
final structure of the document open, to be decided in correlation with the
SONET / AToM MIB WG after the common meeting in London.

Preliminary versions of the Internet-Draft documents will be prepared and
circulated for review until June 29.

It looks like all participants in the conference plan to attend the IETF
meeting in London.

These are my notes. Other attendees, please correct or add to the above if I
forgot any important detail.

Regards,

Dan

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib