Subject: [Hubmib] IMPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE REQUEST FOR RFC 2665 AND RFC 2668

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:18:34 +0200

IMPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE REQUEST FOR RFC 2665 AND RFC 2668

The Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working Group is calling for
implementation reports about the Ethernet-like Interface Types MIB (RFC
2665) and Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) MIB (RFC 2668). This information is
gathered in order to help the Working Group assessing the level of
implementation of these two standards by different vendors, as well as the
problems and difficulties encountered during implementation and deployment.

The vendors who chose to respond have the option to answer to the WG list,
directly to myself, or send their reports to an independent consultant who
does not belong to the vendors community. Dr. Yasha Karant
[[email-masked]] agreed to support the working group on this issue.
All mails sent directly to dr. Yasha will be kept anonymous, and the name of
the vendor will not be mentioned in the report or made known to other WG
members including myself.

Please focus your reports on the following points:

1. What type of implementation you have designed (agent, NMS)?
2. What MIB groups did you implement?
3. What MIB objects were implemented in each MIB group?
4. Did you implement the MIB objects differently than defined in the
documents (different ACCESS, ranges, enumerated values, etc.)?
5. Describe problems encountered during implementation and deployment?
6. Describe un-clarities and things missing in the text of the two
documents?

The Working Group did not decide whether we will try to advance any of the
two documents on the standards track. Your help will be highly appreciated
and help the Working Group and the Ethernet community to improve the
management interfaces and the existing set of tools for managing Ethernet
devices.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan Romascanu,
Chair, Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB Working Group

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib