Subject: [Hubmib] FW: [AVT] Updated RFCs on Copyright and IPR in relation to IETF

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:31:14 +0200

I have 'borrowed' this message from another WG list. I think that the information is relevant for the participants in the hubmib WG, as well as for the whole IETF process participants. Please feel free to contact me if there are questions.

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Magnus Westerlund
Sent: 19 February, 2004 12:32 PM
To: IETF AVT WG
Subject: [AVT] Updated RFCs on Copyright and IPR in relation to IETF

Hi,

I would like to make all WG participants aware of that 3 RFC has been 
published that updates your rights in submission to the IETF. I would 
recommend that you look at them. Reasons why you should look at them are:

- RFC 3667 updates what an Internet draft needs to contain, thus it is 
important that any document editor reads this.

- RFC 3667 also regulates what rights you grant with any contribution to 
the IETF. Please note that as contribution is also counted email to the 
WG, speaking at the WG meeting. Please read the RFC for authoritative 
text on this.

- RFC 3668 describes what rules that apply for IPR disclosures, thus it 
applies to any contributing to the IETF.

- RFC 3669 contains guidelines for how to handle IPR in the WG. This can 
be useful reading for people discussing, having or disclosing IPR.

See document information, abstract and links below.

Cheers

Magnus

	BCP 78
         RFC 3667

         Title:      IETF Rights in Contributions
         Author(s):  S. Bradner
         Status:     Best Current Practice
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      18
         Characters: 43297
         SeeAlso:    BCP 78

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-08.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3667.txt

The IETF policies about rights in Contributions to the IETF are
designed to ensure that such Contributions can be made available to
the IETF and Internet communities while permitting the authors to
retain as many rights as possible.  This memo details the IETF
policies on rights in Contributions to the IETF.  It also describes
the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.  This memo
updates RFC 2026, and, with RFC 3668, replaces Section 10 of RFC
2026.

         BCP 79
         RFC 3668

         Title:      Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology
         Author(s):  S. Bradner
         Status:     Best Current Practice
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      17
         Characters: 41365
         SeeAlso:    BCP 79

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-12.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3668.txt

The IETF policies about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), such as
patent rights, relative to technologies developed in the IETF are
designed to ensure that IETF working groups and participants have as
much information about any IPR constraints on a technical proposal as
possible.  The policies are also intended to benefit the Internet
community and the public at large, while respecting the legitimate
rights of IPR holders.  This memo details the IETF policies concerning
IPR related to technology worked on within the IETF.  It also
describes the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.  This
memo updates RFC 2026 and, with RFC 3667, replaces Section 10 of RFC
2026.  This memo also updates paragraph 4 of Section 3.2 of RFC 2028,
for all purposes, including reference [2] in RFC 2418.

        RFC 3669

         Title:      Guidelines for Working Groups on Intellectual
                     Property Issues
         Author(s):  S. Brim
         Status:     Informational
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      17
         Characters: 40946
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-wg-guidelines-05.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3669.txt

This memo lays out a conceptual framework and rules of thumb useful
for working groups dealing with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
issues.  It documents specific examples of how IPR issues have been
dealt with in the IETF.

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:31:14 +0200

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Magnus Westerlund
Sent: 19 February, 2004 12:32 PM
To: IETF AVT WG
Subject: [AVT] Updated RFCs on Copyright and IPR in relation to IETF

Hi,

Cheers

Magnus

	BCP 78
         RFC 3667

         BCP 79
         RFC 3668

        RFC 3669

-- 

Magnus Westerlund