Subject: [I2nsf] Document Action: 'I2NSF Problem Statement and Use cases' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 05:29:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'I2NSF Problem Statement and Use cases'
  (draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases-16.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Interface to Network Security
Functions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-problem-and-use-cases/

Technical Summary

The demand for hosted (or cloud-based) security services is growing.
To meet the demand, more and more service providers are providing
hosted security solutions to deliver cost-effective managed security
services to enterprise customers.  The Network Security Functions 
(NSFs) are provided and consumed in a large variety of environments.
Users of NSFs may consume network security services hosted by one or
more providers, which may be their own enterprise, service providers,
or a combination of both.  This indicates a potential benefit in a
common interface and architecture to access NSFs.

This document describes the problem statement for Interface to
Network Security Functions (I2NSF) as well as some companion use
cases. 

Working Group Summary

   This is the first document coming from the I2NSF WG.  It is
   the result of combining 4 separate documents.  It had more
   review in earlier stages, but I agree with the shepherd that
   there is WG consensus on this draft.

Document Quality

This problem statement is not, of itself, implementable.  The WG has   
participation from a number of implementers/vendors of NSFs who say
they want to work on solutions with a view to providing standardized
interfaces.  The operators who are participating have not committed
to deploy such an interface, but are watching to see how it ends up
because they recognize the potential benefit.

Personnel

Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
Kathleen Moriarty ([email-masked]) is the Responsible
Area Director.

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 10:48:54 +0900

Hi Sue,
Congratulations on the approval of our I2NSF Problem Statement draft into
an Informational RFC.

I sincerely appreciate your hard work on it.

Also,
I would like to give my sincere thanks to our AD Kathleen and the document
shepherd Adrian
for their generous helps.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 9:29 PM, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I2nsf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2nsf
>

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>