Subject: [I2nsf] Question about draft-hyun-i2nsf-nsf-triggered-steering-04

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 06:53:48 +0000

Sangwon, Paul, Jung-Soo, and Sue,

In your draft, you show NSF Facing data model between the Security Controller and SFF&Classifier.

What kind of data will be exchanged between Security Controller & Classifier?

Thank, Linda

---

From: Sangwon Hyun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 07:51:59 +0000

Hi Linda,

This is Sangwon. I'd like to answer your question and clarify the figure.

To enable SFC-based packet forwarding in I2NSF framework, additional
configurations (related to SFC) are required for SFC components, which are
the classifier and SFF.
We suggest the security controller takes the additional configuration tasks.
And we may need to define an additional interface between the security
controller and SFC components (i.e., SFF and classifier) for SFC-related
configuration, and we named the additional interface with "I2NSF-SFC
interface." (Note that this "I2NSF-SFC interface" is a different interface
from NSF-facing interface.)

Using this I2NSF-SFC interface, the Security Controller configures the
classifier with service function path information and mapping between NSFs
and their capabilities.
For the SFF, the Security Controller delivers the forwarding information
table of NSFs as shown in the figure to the SFF via "I2NSF-SFC interface."

Thanks,
Sangwon

2017년 11월 14일 (화) 오후 3:54, Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>님이 작성:

> _______________________________________________
> I2nsf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i2nsf
>