Subject: Re: [Iasa20] The three options

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:32:53 -0500

Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > employees and a $45 million budget. Because we rely on ISOC employees
    > and contractors, we don't have much choice as far as navigating its
    > bureaucracy, but we also don't have much hand in shaping it (other than
    > our appointment of trustees, whose influence over this is somewhat

Note that I don't think it has to be this way.

I think that ISOC could treat us more as an operating agency without us
actually having to have a seperate legal entity.

The recent move (which many in the community may not have absorbed) towards
having AMSL provide the book-keeping and accounting support services rather
than ISOC seems like a good move.

I believe that this involved opening a new bank account, which I was
surprised did not already exist.

A seperate incorporation is not really that expensive or need have that much
overhead; AMSL is already providing us with 90% of what we would need to do.

So what are the political/social downsides of not being legally associated
with ISOC?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-