Subject: [Icar] agenda

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:58:11 -0500

Hi folks!

Sorry for being so late with the agenda.  I got completely snowed late
last week and this just fell on the floor.... which is not a good
excuse, but is really all I have.  I am very sorry.

The following is a very rough list of the sorts of things that will be
talked about in ICAR this week.  Please feel free to agenda bash.  I
believe Joel will be doing a hefty amount of that this week before the
meeting (I will not be there, unfortunately).  So, consider this only a
rough guess.

ICAR DRAFTY AGENDA

The WG meeting will tackle the following questions:

(1) What constitutes a good review (number of reviews?  skill set of
    reviewers?  focus?  depth?  breadth?)?

(2) What should an early review mechanism look like?

    draft-carpenter-solutions-sirs-02.txt
    draft-allman-problem-wg-revcomm-00.txt
    draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-02.txt

(3) What incentives can the organization put into place to encourage
    early review (both soliciting reviews and providing reviews)?  Do we
    need incentive?

(4) What structures make sense of providing off-loading late /
    quasi-formal reviews?  What properties should such a structure have?
    
    draft-zinin-early-review-00.txt
    draft-iesg-alvestrand-twolevel (section 4.2)

allman

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

_______________________________________________
Icar mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/icar

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:46:51 -0500

There are a couple of short items we know of that we are trying to schedule 
in as well.  All of them fall into the general item of "Existing experience".

Existing Experience:
     SIRS lessons
     MIB Doctors lessons (Bert Wijnen)
     Security Directorate experience (Steve Bellovin)

I have received some private feedback about SIRS that I would like to get 
to the group, but I am still looking for someone to start off a discussion 
on it.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

PS: We still need someone to take minutes.   PLEASE.