Subject: [Iccrg] CFP::IEEE ICESS-2012 submission deadline extends to March 18, Liverpool, UK
From: [email-masked] (Chris-Lei.Liu)
Date: Tue Feb 28 06:53:32 2012

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

***************** ICESS-2012 CFP *****************

The 9th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems
(ICESS-2012) to be held in Liverpool, England, UK, 25-27 June 2012 

http://www.scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/ICESS2012/ 

Sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Technical Committee of
Scalable Computing (TCSC)

*********************************************************************** 

Distinguished selected papers from the conferences, after further
extensions, will be published in the Special Issues of the following
prestigious journals:

-Journal of Computer and System Sciences - Elsevier 

-Journal of Computing - Springer

-Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience - John Wiley & Sons 

-Journal of Systems Architecture - Elsevier 

-Telecommunication Systems (pending)

Furthermore, some top-rated papers will be recommended for submission and
publication in the following prestigious journals: 

-Journal of Distributed Computing -Springer

-Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory - Elsevier

*********************************************************************** 

IMPORTANT DATES

===============

Submission Deadline:     18 March 2012 (This is the extended firm deadline)

Authors Notification:      08 April 2012

Final Manuscript Due:    08 May 2012

Registration Due:             08 May 2012

Conference Date:            25-27 June 2012

PUBLICATIONS

========================== 

Once accepted, the papers will be included into the IEEE conference
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI). 

WORKSHOPS AND SYMPOSIA

====================== 

The following workshops will be held in conjunction with IEEE HPCC-2012 and
ICESS-2012. 

1. The Second International Workshop on Sustainable High Performance Cloud
Computing (SHPCloud-2012) 

https://sites.google.com/a/temple.edu/shpcc12/

2. The Third International Workshop on Frontier of GPU Computing (FGC-2012)

http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/~chxw/fgc2012/

3. The Third International Workshop on Wireless Networks and Multimedia
(WNM-2012)

http://wnm2012.csp.escience.cn/

4. The International Symposium on Frontier of Future Communication Networks
(FFCN-2012)

http://www.lrm.sdu.edu.cn/ffcn2012.html

5. The Third International Workshop on Dependable Service-Oriented and Cloud
computing (DSOC-2012) 

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/distsys/workshop_dsoc_2012.php

6. The Second International Workshop on Extreme Scale Computing Application
Enablement - Modelling and Tools (ESCAPE-2012)

http://www.cs.nthu.edu.tw/~cherung/workshop/escape/index.html

7. The Second International Workshop on Embedded Multi-Core computing and
Applications (EMCA 2012)

http://www.csce.pu.edu.tw/emca2012/

8. The First International Workshop of Information Technology Education and
Innovation (IWITEI 2012)

http://multicore.zju.edu.cn/iwcsei/iwitei2012/index.html

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20120228/fba15e99/attachment.html

From: [email-masked] (Chris-Lei.Liu)
Date: Sun Feb 19 07:45:34 2012
Subject: [Iccrg] CFP::The International Symposium on Frontier of Future Communication Networks, Liverpool, UK
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

************************ FFCN-2012 CFP ***********************

The International Symposium on Frontier of Future Communication Networks
(FFCN-2012) to be held in conjunction with The 14th IEEE International
Conference on High Performance computing and communications (HPCC-2012)

http://www.lrm.sdu.edu.cn/ffcn2012.html

Introduction

================

The demand of next generation networks for communications has focused on the
trend in technology and the efficiency. Driven by the fancy technologies and
the applications, the provisioning of large-scaled and complicated
communication networks is becoming an important research issue. Especially
over the last few years, there has been an explosion of wireless subscribers
and booming growth in the Internet both in terms of users and usage.  The
trend has led to a new direction, and meanwhile brought many grand
challenges to both industrial and academic communication communities. To
overcome these challenges, it is necessary to seek new levels of research
work on architecture, green networking, performance, and intelligence of
future communication networks. All papers will be peer-reviewed and the
comments will be provided to the authors. All accepted papers will be
included in the proceedings of the main conference IUCC 2012, published by
IEEE Computer Society Press (Indexed by EI). At least one author of any
accepted paper is requested to register at the main conference. Once
accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference proceedings
published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI). 

 

The purpose the 2012 International Symposium on Frontier of Future
Communication Networks is to bring together scientists, researchers,
professionals, and practitioners from both industry and academia to share
the opinions, seek the solutions, and report state-of-art research results. 

Scope and Topics:

=================

-Ad Hoc Networks and Sensor Networks

-Social Networks: Architecture, Theories and Technologies

-Perspective of Cognitive Networks and Development

-Applications and Technologies of Mobile Networks

-Systems, Architecture and Standardizations of Internet of Things

-Performance, Modelling, Analysis and Optimization of Computer Networking  

-Design and Development of IPv6

-Challenges and Issues of Bio-Networks

-Applications, Theories and Utilizations of Biomimicry Networks

Important Dates

==================

Paper submission deadline:        March 30, 2012

Author notification:                        April 30, 2012

Final manuscript due:                     May 08, 2012

Registration due:                             May 08, 2012

Conference date:                            June 25-27, 2012

Submission Instructions

=======================

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original unpublished
research and recent developments in the topics related to the workshop. The
length of the papers should not exceed 6 pages + 2 pages for overlength
charges (IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two columns,
single-spaced), including figures and references, using 10pt fonts, and
number each page. Papers should be submitted electronically in PDF format by
sending it as an e-mail attachment to Lei Liu ([email-masked]).

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20120219/31b4c986/attachment.html
>From [email-masked]  Mon Feb 27 20:57:46 2012
From: [email-masked] (Michael Welzl)
Date: Mon Feb 27 20:56:31 2012
Subject: [Iccrg] Paris meeting
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Reminder: if you're interested in giving a presentation, let us know.  
We still have several slots open.
We're scheduled on Tuesday afternoon.

Cheers,
Michael

On Jan 18, 2012, at 12:54 PM, Michael Welzl wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> After a (too, sorry!) long time without meetings, ICCRG will meet at  
> the upcoming Paris IETF. Please send any presentation requests  
> (title, estimated time, your name) to Murari and me - thanks!
>
> I hope to see many of you ICCRG'ers at this meeting,
> Michael
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Iccrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/iccrg

From: [email-masked] (Chris-Lei.Liu)
Date: Sat Feb 11 14:01:29 2012
Subject: [Iccrg] CFP of IEEE ICESS Conference in Liverpool, UK, 25-27 June 2012
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

*********************IEEE ICESS-2012 CFP ****************************

The 9th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems
(ICESS-2012) to be held in Liverpool, England, UK, 25-27 June 2012 

http://www.scim.brad.ac.uk/~hmibrahi/ICESS2012/ 

Sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Technical Committee of
Scalable Computing (TCSC)

INTRODUCTION

=============

Embedded software and systems are closely related to our daily life, which
reside from smart appliances to unmanned trains. As the fastest growing
industry, embedded systems will have great societal and environmental
impacts. Therefore, the design and implementation of safe and efficient
embedded software and systems have utmost importance.

The 9th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems
(ICESS-2012) will be held during June 25-27, 2012, in Liverpool, UK, a
fantastic and popular tourist city destination in the UK. Several areas of
the city centre were granted World Heritage Site status by UNESCO in 2004.
Referred to as the Liverpool Maritime Mercantile City, the site comprises
six separate locations in the city including the Pier Head, Albert Dock and
William Brown Street and includes many of the city's most famous landmarks.
The conference follows the success of IEEE ICESS-2011 in Changsha, China,
and IEEE ICESS-2010 in Bradford, UK.

The goal of IEEE ICESS-2012 is to provide a forum for scientists, engineers
and researchers to discuss and exchange novel ideas, results, experiences
and work-in-progress on all aspects of embedded software and systems.

SCOPE AND TOPICS

================

IEEE ICESS-2012 is an international forum for presenting and discussing
emerging ideas and trends in embedded software and systems from both the
research community as well as the industry. Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to:

* Systems, Models and Algorithms Track

  -   Embedded Real-Time Systems

  -   Embedded Hardware and Architectures

  -   Embedded Software/Agent

  -   Power Aware Computing

  -   Distributed Embedded Computing

  -   Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing

  -   Fault Tolerant & Trusted Embedded Systems

  -   System on Chip (SoC) and Multicore Systems

  -   Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems

  -   Mobile Computing

  -   Reconfigurable Computing

  -   Cyber-Physical Systems

* Design Methodology and Tools Track

  -   Hardware/Software Co-Design

  -   Formal Methods for Embedded Systems

  -   Embedded Component Technology

  -   Middleware for Embedded Systems

  -   Hardware/Software Co-Verification

  -   Compilation and Debug Techniques

  -   IDE and Software Tools

  -   Performance Evaluation Techniques/Tools

* Embedded Applications and Interdisciplinary Topics Track

  -   Intelligent Embedded Systems

  -   Image and Graph Processing

  -   Network Protocol and Security

  -   Emergency and Disaster Management

  -   Wireless Sensor Networks

  -   Robotics and Control Systems

  -   QoS Support for Embedded Systems

  -   Embedded Database & Multimedia Systems

  -   Consumer Electronics

  -   Automotive, Medical and Avionics Systems

IMPORTANT DATES

===============

Submission Deadline:                     01 March, 2012

Authors Notification:                      08 April, 2012

Final Manuscript Due:                    08 May, 2012

Registration Due:                             08 May, 2012

Conference Date:                            25-27 June, 2012

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE 

========================== 

All papers need to be submitted electronically through the conference
website (http://cse.stfx.ca/~icess2012/sub/) with PDF format. The materials
presented in the papers should not be published or under submission
elsewhere. Each paper is limited to 8 pages (or 10 pages with over length
charge) including figures and references using IEEE Computer Society
Proceedings Manuscripts style (two columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts). You
can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the
following web page: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting 

Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI).

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://oakham.cs.ucl.ac.uk/pipermail/iccrg/attachments/20120211/2b9bdcd6/attachment.html
>From [email-masked]  Fri Feb 17 08:50:08 2012
From: [email-masked] (Michael Welzl)
Date: Fri Feb 17 08:49:43 2012
Subject: [Iccrg] Fwd: Re: [irsg] [IAB] IRTF IPR Disclosure Rules
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [irsg] [IAB] IRTF IPR Disclosure Rules
Date: 	Thu, 16 Feb 2012 23:45:08 +0000
From: 	Eggert, Lars <[email-masked]>
To: 	Internet Research Steering Group <[email-masked]>

Please share this with your RGs. If you meet in Paris (or whenever you next meet) you may also want to go over this in the beginning of the meeting.

Thanks,
Lars

On Feb 16, 2012, at 15:36, Eggert, Lars wrote:

>  Until now, the IRTF didn't have a clearly formulated statement of how IPR is handled by the organization. For the last year, the IRSG has been discussing this topic with the IETF's legal counsel and other community members with a deep understanding of the issues.
>
>  The result of this discussion is a short statement describing the IRTF's IPR disclosure rules, which you can find below as well as online at http://irtf.org/ipr. The short version is: the IRTF follows the IETF's IPR disclosure rules. Because researchers participating in the IRTF may not be very familiar with the IETF's rules, the IRTF IPR disclosure rules describe what is required of the individual participant in the most common cases.
>
>  Just as the IETF, the IRTF expects participants to be familiar with these rules and follow them when they make contributions.
>
>  Please email any comments or questions to [email-masked].
>
>  Lars Eggert
>  IRTF Chair
>
>  ---
>
>  IRTF IPR Disclosure Rules
>
>  The IRTF follows the IETF IPR disclosure rules. This is a summary
>  of these rules as they relate to IRTF research group discussions,
>  mailing lists and Internet Drafts:
>
>  - If you include your own or your employer's IPR in a contribution
>   to an IRTF research group, then you must file an IPR disclosure
>   with the IETF.
>
>  - If you recognize your own or your employer's IPR in someone else's
>   contribution and you are participating in the discussions in the
>   research group relating to that contribution, then you must file
>   an IPR disclosure with the IETF. Even if you are not participating
>   in the discussion, the IRTF still requests that you file an IPR
>   disclosure with the IETF.
>
>  - Finally, the IRTF requests that you file an IPR disclosure with
>   the IETF if you recognize IPR owned by others in any IRTF
>   contribution.
>
>  You may file an IPR disclosure here:
>  http://www.ietf.org/ipr/file-disclosure
>
>  See RFC 3979 (BCP 79) for definitions of "IPR" and "contribution"
>  and for the detailed rules (substituting "IRTF" for "IETF").
>