Subject: [iccrg] Meeting minutes - please check

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:41:44 +0000

Hi all,

The meeting minutes are now available from:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/minutes/minutes-91-iccrg <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/minutes/minutes-91-iccrg>

Please check them and let us know about any necessary fixes. Thanks to Stein Gjessing and Naeem Khademi for their efforts!

Cheers,
Michael

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:44:14 -0800

Typo correction:

s/scad-fq/sch_fq/ was implemented in linux 3.12

see http://lwn.net/Articles/564825/ for benchmarks.

The pacing setsockopt: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/284527 .

(It would be good for the internet research community to be paying
attention to lwn - subscriptions are cheap (and all articles are
available for free 2 weeks after publication). It is worth 10 other
journals I care not to mention, and it comes out on wednesday evenings
every week, and takes about an hour to read.)

ietf preso on these things:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/88/slides/slides-88-tcpm-9.pdf

Give the authorship of sch_fq, it is not rocket science to guess one
place where this is deployed widely.

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>

Fair Queue packet scheduler with optional per flow rate shaping.

- Uses perfect flow match (not stochastic hash like SFQ/FQ_codel)
- Uses the new_flow/old_flow separation from FQ_codel
- Special FIFO queue for high prio packets (no need for PRIO + FQ)
- Uses a hash table of RB trees to locate the flows at enqueue() time
- Smart on demand gc (at enqueue() time, RB tree lookup evicts old
  unused flows)
- Dynamic memory allocations.
- Designed to allow millions of concurrent flows per Qdisc.
- Small memory footprint : ~2K per Qdisc, and 96 bytes per flow.
- Single high resolution timer for throttled flows (if any).
- One RB tree to link throttled flows.
- Ability to have a max rate per flow. We might add a socket option
  to add per socket limitation.

Attempts have been made to add TCP pacing in TCP stack, but this
seems to add complex code to an already complex stack.

TCP pacing is welcomed for flows having idle times, as the cwnd
permits TCP stack to queue a possibly large number of packets.

-- 
Dave Täht

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Michael Welzl <[email-masked]> wrote:
> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/minutes/minutes-91-iccrg
>
> Please check them and let us know about any necessary fixes. Thanks to Stein
> Gjessing and Naeem Khademi for their efforts!
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> iccrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/iccrg
>

-- 
Dave Täht

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks