Subject: [iccrg] Deadline soon - CPS-IoT Week 2019 - Calls for Workshops, Tutorials & Competitions

From: Vijay Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:47:24 +0200

*Calls for Workshops, Tutorials & Competitions at CPS-IoT Week 2019*

Researchers both from academia and industry are invited to submit proposals
for workshops, tutorials, and competitions, to be held as part of the
CPS-IoT Week 2019 on April 15-18, 2019 in Montreal, Canada.

Proposals must be sent via e-mail as PDF or ASCII text to the Workshops
Chairs:

·        Rong Zheng ([email-masked])

·        Qi Zhu ([email-masked])

While submitting a proposal, please indicate whether the proposal is for a
workshop, tutorial, or competition, and please tag it with “[CPS-IoT Week
2019: ...]” in the subject of the email.

Important dates:

·        Proposal due: October 26, 2018

·        Acceptance notification: November 5, 2018

Please note that if you are planning to have a proceedings for your
workshop, the firm due date for the Camera Ready manuscripts is February
15, 2019, and it cannot be changed.

Please see below for each specific call.

*WORKSHOPS:*

The purpose of the workshops is to provide a forum for discussing major
topics of interest to the CPS and IoT community, typically, beyond topics
traditionally represented in the main CPS-IoT Week conferences. The
workshop proposals should include:

·        Title of the workshop

·        Duration (full day or half day)

·        Contact information of the organizer(s), including name, email,
and affiliation

·        Short biography of the organizer(s)

·        Potential contributors and target audiences

·        For continued workshops, a summary of previous runs (e.g., the
number of papers submitted/accepted, the number of participants, the number
of invited speakers), and ideas for improvement

·        For new proposals, the rationale for the need of the new workshop,
which should discuss the novelty of the topic area and/or its
multidisciplinary flavor, how it is different from the topics traditionally
covered by the regular sessions, and how it is relevant to CPS and IoT

Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topics and the
qualifications of the organizers.

*TUTORIALS:*

The purpose of the tutorials is to educate attendees about specific topics
or to provide the background necessary for understanding technical advances
in relevant areas. The tutorial should be appealing to a wide audience with
interests in CPS and IoT research. The tutorial proposals should include:

·        Title of the tutorial

·        Duration (full day or half day)

·        Contact information of the presenter(s), including name, email,
and affiliation

·        Short biography of the presenter(s)

·        Description of the potential target audience for the tutorial

The evaluation of the proposals will consider its general interest to the
CPS-IoT Week attendees, the quality of the proposal, and the expertise of
the presenters. Regarding the organization, speakers are required to
provide tutorial material to the chairs one month prior to the conference.
The CPS-IoT Week will reproduce the tutorial material to be provided to the
attendees. It will not be possible to host tutorials that require
laboratory or PC access for audience (no “hands-on” tutorials). Finally,
the CPS-IoT Week committee reserves the right to cancel a tutorial if too
few attendees are registered.

*COMPETITIONS:*

The purpose of the competitions is to bring together teams from academia
and industry to compete for best results using the latest technologies of
wide interest. The competition proposals should include:

·        Title of the competition

·        Contact information of the organizer(s), including name, email,
and affiliation

·        Short biography of the organizer(s)

·        Eligibility and competition categories

·        Evaluation criteria

·        Any special accommodations/requirements

·        For continued competitions, a summary of previous runs (e.g., the
number of participants and their composition), and ideas for improvement

The evaluation of the proposals will consider its general interest to the
CPS-IoT Week attendees, the quality of the proposal, the significance of
the demonstrated results, and logistic constraints. The CPS-IoT Week
committee reserves the right to cancel a competition if too few
participants are registered.