Subject: [iccrg] CPS-IoT Week 2020 Call for Hosting Proposals

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 15:19:06 -0400

The Steering Committee of Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet of
Things (CPS-IoT) Week calls for proposals on hosting the 2020 edition of the
multi-conference event. CPS-IoT Week is a premier event on presenting the latest
research results and discussing future directions of cyber-physical systems and
Internet of Things. It is typically held in Aprils annually. It brings together
4 top conferences, HSCC, ICCPS, IPSN, and RTAS, as well as up to 20 satellite
events, such as poster and demo sessions, workshops, tutorials, competitions,
industrial exhibitions, and summit forums. CPS-IoT Week 2020 is expected to draw
more than 800 attendees from universities, industry, and government
organizations around the world.

The proposals will be considered in two phases.
First, we call for pre-proposals that include:

- Proposed dates of the conference,
including the main conference days and workshop day(s).

- Proposed city information, including
typical weather in Aprils, air transportation options, local natural and
cultural attractions.

- A short description of the local
industry, research, and education communities related to CPS/IoT.

- Type of conference facility in mind:
university campus, conventions centers, or hotels, and their capacities to host
all parallel conferences and satellite events.

- Type of lodging options in mind.

- Key organizers, such as General Chair
and Local Arrangement Chair, their familiarity with CPS-IoT Weeks, track records
on attracting sponsors, and experience organizing similar events.

- Any additional information that may help
the steering committee to make decisions, such as co-location with industrial
Expo events.

For entries that generate enough interests, the steering committee
will further solicit full proposals that provide additional information, such
as:

- Possible facility setting, especially
space arrangements for the main program, demos and posters, competitions, and
workshops/tutorials.

- Attendee cost estimate, such as hotel rate and transportation
options.

- Social functions, such as reception and banquet options.

- Potential financial supports, industrial
sponsorship, or risks.

Proposals from all regions are encouraged to submit.

Key dates:

- Deadline for pre-proposals: Nov.
16th, 2018

- Notification for full proposal requests:
Dec. 1st, 2018

- Deadline for full proposals: Feb.
15th, 2019

- Final decision: Feb. 28th, 2019

Please send questions and pre-proposals to [email-masked]
and [email-masked]

CPS Week Steering Committee

James Anderson, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Werner Damm, University of Oldenburg, Germany

Insup Lee, University of Pennsylvania

Jie Liu, Microsoft (Chair)

George Pappas, University of Pennsylvania

Raj Rajkumar, Carnegie Mellon University

John A. Stankovic, University of Virginia