Subject: [iccrg] [CfP] Workshop on Fog Computing and the IoT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:15:16 -0500

Call for Paper: Workshop on Fog Computing and the
IoT

********************

April 15, 2019, Montreal, Canada

Co-located with CPS-IoT Week

********************

When Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) become interconnected with
each other and with the internet, they form the Internet of Things (IoT),
forming “the infrastructure of the information society.”  Fog
Computing is a “system-level architecture that distributes resources and
services of computing, storage, control, and networking anywhere along the
continuum from Cloud to Things” and is about to tremendously impact the
IoT. The objective of this workshop is to be a forum for presenting and
discussing recent developments and trends in Fog/Edge Computing that represent
challenges and opportunities for CPS and IoT researchers and
practitioners.

Topics include but are not limited to:

Fog Computing Architectures and Frameworks

Virtualization and Hypervisors for Fog Computing

Middleware for Fog Computing

Real-Time and Schedulability Aspects of Fog Computing

Formal Methods for Fog Computing Systems

CPS and Fog Computing

Multi-tiered, Novel Resource Management Solutions Involving the
Edge/Fog/Cloud

Software-Defined Solutions in Fog Computing

Mobile Fog Computing

Data Centers and Infrastructures for Fog Computing

Programming Models and Runtime Systems for Fog Computing

Fog Resource Management for Guaranteed Quality-of-Service

Control-as-a-service and Virtualization of Control, Guaranteeing
Quality-of-Control

Fog Computing Modeling and Analysis

Performance Analysis of Fog Computing Systems

Fog and Cloud Integration

Data Analytics and AI/ML at the Edge

Use Cases for / and Applications of Fog Computing

Emerging Fog Communication Technologies and Protocols (IEEE Time-Sensitive
Networking, 5G)

Fog Computing Security, Data Privacy and Trust

Fog Computing Dependability and Safety

Standardization Efforts and Standards Relevant for Fog Computing

Interoperability Standards and Solutions, Including OPC UA and DDS

Discussion of Open Datasets and Testbeds

********************

Submission of papers

The material must be unpublished and not under submission
elsewhere. Submissions will be accepted based on their originality, quality,
significance, and relevance. Position papers and review papers are welcome, as
long as they contain original material. The papers will be published in IEEE
Xplore, unless the authors notify the organizers that they prefer
not to include their paper in IEEE Xplore. The paper PDF will be linked in the
program website, but it will not be considered a formal
publication. Please submit your paper via the submission
page on the workshop website: https://sites.google.com/iotcenter.dk/fog-iot

By submitting a paper, the authors confirm that if the paper is accepted, at
least one author will register for the workshop by the special registration
deadline set in the notification of acceptance, and present the paper at the
workshop in person. Extended versions of the accepted papers may be invited to
special issues in a journal.

Paper Format:
The main body of each submitted paper is limited to
4 pages of technical content with additional pages
permitted for the bibliography and acknowledgments only (i.e., references and
acknowledgments do not count against the page limit).  Submissions must be
formatted according to IEEE conference paper guidelines (10pt font, default
margins, default line spacing). Please use one of the available IEEE
conference templates.

********************

Important dates

Jan. 15, 2019: paper submission (firm)

Feb. 11, 2019: notifications

Feb. 15, 2019: camera ready

Apr. 15, 2019: workshop day

********************

Organizers

Co-chairs:

Prof. Paul Pop, Technical Univ.  of Denmark

Prof. Karl-Erik Årzén, Lund University, Sweden

Website chair: Dr. Bahram Zarrin, TU
Denmark

Publicity chair: Prof. Stefan Schulte, TU Wien,
A

Liaison to
Fog World Congress: Prof. Nicola Dragoni, TU
Denmark

Technical Program Committee

Prof. Tarek Abdelzaher, Univ.  of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, US

Dr. Joe M. Butler, Intel Labs, IE

Dr. Silviu S. Craciunas, TTTech, AT

Prof. Tommaso Cucinotta, Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies, IT

Prof. Nicola Dragoni, TU Denmark, DK

Dr. Johan Eker, Ericsson Research, SE

Prof. Alessandro Papadopoulos, Mälardalen U., SE

Prof. Paul Pop, TU Denmark, DK

Prof. Jinpeng Wei, UNC Charlotte, US

Prof. Stefan Schulte, TU Wien, AT

Dr. Wilfried Steiner, TTTech Computertechnik, AT

Prof. Yang Yang, ShanghaiTech University, CN

Dr. Tao Zhang, Huawei, US

Prof. Karl-Erik Årzén, Lund University, SE