Subject: [iccrg] IPSN PhD Forum Call for Extended Abstracts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 19:11:21 -0500

IPSN 2019 - the 18th
ACM/IEEE Int. Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks
(co-located with CPS-IoT WEEK 2019) - will host a Ph.D. Forum on networked
sensing and control. The Forum will offer

(1) a constructive
environment for doctoral students to discuss their ongoing work towards the
Ph.D. with a panel of experienced researchers in the field;

(2) an opportunity
for the participants to initiate a personal network with both other Ph.D.
students and leading research experts, outside of
the own group.

The Forum will be
structured as a series of short presentations by the students, followed by
individual discussions and feedback. The panelists will also offer their
experience and advice on how to carry out a successful Ph.D. and start a career
as a researcher. In addition,  the participants are also expected to
present a poster during the main conference in order to increase the visibility
of their ongoing work and gather further feedback from CPS-IoT WEEK
attendees.

Current Ph.D. students
in the middle stages of their career are encouraged to submit a 2-page extended
abstract about their dissertation research in sensor networking. While the Forum
is a venue to present ongoing (rather than completed) work, in this abstract,
the Ph.D. thesis statement should be clearly identified with the specific
problem addressed, the contribution expected to the field, the results achieved
so far, and the work planned ahead. The abstract shall also include a
one-paragraph bio of the student, along with information on how long he/she has
been in the Ph.D. program, the expected timeline towards graduation, and the
name of the supervisor(s). The student should be the sole author, although
contributions of others, e.g., the advisor, should be acknowledged.

Submissions will be
reviewed by the Ph.D. Forum committee to ensure quality, relevance, and
potential benefit from attendance to the Forum. Authors of accepted submissions
are expected to participate in person to the Forum. There will be no separate
registration fee for the Forum.

For any question, please
contact the Ph.D. Forum chairs: Matteo Ceriotti (matteo.ceriotti AT uni-due.de)
and Hamed Yousefi (hyousefi AT umich.edu).

Submission
Guidelines

- Submissions must
be received no later than February 15, 2019 via the submission site. Topic scope is
the same as that listed in the IPSN call for papers.

- Submissions must be in
PDF format, be written in English, of no more than two pages in length (all
inclusive), and adhere to the IPSN formatting
guidelines.

- The abstract
should include the author's name, affiliation, and email address.

Important
Dates

-
Submission: February 15, 2019 (11:59 PM, AoE)

- Notification of
Acceptance: February 22, 2019

Organizers

Chairs:

Matteo Ceriotti,
University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany

Hamed Yousefi,
University of Michigan, USA