Subject: [icnrg] PhD Course on Information-Centric Networking

From: MUSCARIELLO Luca OLNC/OLN <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:56:49 +0200

for your information.
Best regards.
Luca Muscariello

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	PhD Course on Information-Centric Networking
Date: 	Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:46:12 +0200
From: 	Antonio Capone <[email-masked]>

Ph.D. Course

    *A Top-Down Introduction to Information-Centric Networking*

*September 2-5 2013*

*Politecnico di Milano, Italy*

*Instructors*

*Giovanna Carofiglio* (Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent),

*Luca Muscariello* (Orange Labs, France Telecom).

*Objective*

The course introduces the concepts of Information-Centric Networking 
(ICN) as network architecture for the future Internet. The top-down 
introduction includes basic concepts of networking, the communication 
model and related protocols. The course will also present network models 
used to evaluate the performance of such networks that embed in-network 
caching with and without bandwidth limitations. The course presents also 
novel protocols designed explicitly for ICN to manage congestion control 
and request adaptive forwarding.

The course concludes with a laboratory where the concepts will be 
illustrated using the open source network prototype CCNx.

*Organization*

The course will be held at the Department DEIB of Politecnico di Milano

via Ponzio 34/5 - Milano

Room Seminari (how to get there 
<http://www.deib.polimi.it/presentazione/come_raggiungerci/index.php?idlang=eng>)

Course will start on Sept 2 at 10am.

The course will include a final exam for students of POLIMI (other 
students can also take the exam if required by their university)

*Registration*

The course is open to PhD students and post-docs from Politecnico di 
Milano and other universities

Course is free of charges but registration is mandatory:

*REGISTRATION FORM 
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1glskMz2ZlT3UuEyUnew3RDMlb50lW2zWH24n-NQSTWI/viewform>*

A certificate of participation will be granted to attendees at the end 
of the course.

*For more information please visit the course web page 
<http://antlab.elet.polimi.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=282>.*

-- 
France Telecom R&D - Orange Labs
MUSCARIELLO Luca - NMP/TRM
38 - 40, rue du General Leclerc
92794 Issy Les Moulineaux Cedex 9 - France
Tel : +33 (0)1 45 29 60 37
http://perso.rd.francetelecom.fr/muscariello