Subject: [icnrg] CFP: IEEE MASS 2015 Workshop on Content-Centric Networking

From: Anand Seetharam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:01:17 -0700

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call]

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your paper to the Content-Centric
Networking workshop  to be held with MASS'15.

Call for papers
============

IEEE MASS 2015 Workshop on Content-Centric Networks
Dallas, TX, USA,
19th October 2015
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~szm0001/ccn2015/index.html

Scope
======

With the exponential growth of content in recent years (e.g., videos) and
the availability of the same content at multiple locations (e.g., same
video being hosted at Youtube, Dailymotion), users are interested in
fetching a particular content and not where that content is hosted. Also,
the ever-increasing numbers of mobile devices that lack fixed addresses
call for a more flexible network architecture that directly incorporates
in-network caching, mobility and multipath routing, to ease congestion in
core networks and deliver content efficiently. By treating content as
first-class citizen, Content-Centric Networking (CCN) aims to evolve the
current Internet from a host-to-host communication based architecture to a
content-oriented one where named objects are retrieved in a reliable,
secure and efficient manner. CCN has been under active exploration over the
past few years, resulting in both clean-slate and overlay architectures and
solutions. This workshop will provide researchers and practitioners to meet
and discuss the latest developments in this field. The outcomes of
this workshop include 1) investigating and understanding some of the
challenges in CCN; 2) fostering collaboration among researchers interested
in CCN.

In recent years, rapid progress has been made in CCN; multiple initial
architectural designs sharing common goals of in-network caching, mobility
support and multipath routing have been proposed and prototypes have been
implemented. Challenges related to caching and routing of content has
received attention. Research areas focusing on what content to cache, how
to route for content have been explored, but areas such as security,
privacy and economic models for CCN have received limited attention.

The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers from academia
and industry and investigate the architectural issues and challenges in
CCN. We invite submissions describing new research contributions including
but not limited to the following topics.

   - Content-oriented routing protocols
   - Content naming
   - Scalability issues in CCN
   - CCN Architecture design and evaluation
   - Security issues in CCN
   - Privacy in CCN
   - Content centric wireless networks
   - Mobility management
   - Evaluation of in-network caching techniques
   - Limits and limitations of CCN architectures
   - Economics and business models
   - CCN specific transport protocols
   - Specific implementations of CCN architectures

Important Dates
==============

Paper submission: July 1, 2015
Paper Acceptance: July. 27, 2015
Camera-ready paper: Aug 1, 2015

Submission Guidelines
===================

Please follow the author instructions at
*http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~szm0001/ccn2015/index.html
<http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~szm0001/ccn2015/index.html>*

All workshop papers will be included in the IEEE Proceedings.

Steering Committee
=================
Jim Kurose
University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA

Workshop Organizers
=================

Anand Seetharam
School of Computing and Design
California State University Monterey Bay, USA
Email: [email-masked]
http://itcdland.csumb.edu/~aseetharam/index.htm

Shiwen Mao
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Auburn University, USA
Email: [email-masked]
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~szm0001/