Subject: [icnrg] Fwd: [hackathon] FW: [Recentattendees] IETF 95 Hackathon in Buenos Aires

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 13:01:17 +0000

If people are interested, we could use that for some ICN hacking/interop activities.

Ideas:

- new protocol features (manifests, link setup)
- specific application scenarios, e.g. IoT with RIOT

Other suggestions?

--
Have a great holiday season,
Dirk

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E‑Mail:

Von: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Datum: 23. Dezember 2015 um 19:00:37 MEZ
An: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Kopie: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Betreff: [hackathon] FW: [Recentattendees] IETF 95 Hackathon in Buenos Aires

FYI, registration for the hackathon at IETF 95 is open as well. Note that
registration for the hackathon is independent of registration for IETF 95.

If interested in attending, be sure to register for the hackathon and keep
these dates in mind when booking your travel.

Cheers,
Charles

On 12/23/15, 8:47 AM, "Recentattendees on behalf of IETF Secretariat"
<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
wrote:

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is holding a Hackathon at IETF
95 to encourage developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities,
ideas, sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of
IETF standards.

When: Saturday April 2 and Sunday April 3
Where: Hilton Buenos Aires, Room TBD
Signup for the Hackathon:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf95/hackathonregistration.py
More information can be found here:
http://ietf.org/hackathon/95-hackathon.html
Keep up to date by subscribing to:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend the invitation to
colleagues outside the IETF!

Here¹s what happened at the Hackathon in Yokohama at IETF 94 (blog post):

https://communities.cisco.com/community/developer/opensource/blog/2015/11/
12/ietf-94-hackathon-open-source-and-open-standards-in-yokohama

These brief videos from the IETF 93 Hackathon in Prague explain more
about how IETF Hackathons work:
https://youtu.be/emZ-pIJLDlg?list=PLC86T-6ZTP5g87jdxNqdWV5475U-yEE8M

To see the current list of technologies planned for the IETF 95
Hackathon, or to volunteer to champion additional technologies, visit the
IETF 95 Meeting Wiki:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/95hackathon

_______________________________________________
Recentattendees mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/recentattendees

_______________________________________________
hackathon mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

---

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:39:46 +0100

Hi Dirk,

> - specific application scenarios, e.g. IoT with RIOT

We had ICNlite + RIOT as a subject in Prague, I believe, but there may 
be plenty things to do. Not sure how many RIOTers will find their way to 
Argentine, though.

Cheers,

  Thomas

>> *Von:* "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]
>> <mailto:[email-masked]>>
>> *Datum:* 23. Dezember 2015 um 19:00:37 MEZ
>> *An:* "[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]
>> <mailto:[email-masked]>>
>> *Kopie:* "[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>"
>> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
>> *Betreff:* *[hackathon] FW: [Recentattendees] IETF 95 Hackathon in
>> Buenos Aires*
>>
>> <[email-masked]
>> <mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °

---

From: Oliver Hahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 15:30:56 +0100

Hi!

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 02:39:46PM +0100, Thomas C. Schmidt wrote:
> We had ICNlite + RIOT as a subject in Prague, I believe, but there may be
> plenty things to do. Not sure how many RIOTers will find their way to
> Argentine, though.

That's true. However, the good news are that RIOT support has officially been
merged into CCN-Lite today and the upcoming release of RIOT (release date
within the next two weeks) provides a small example application for ICN.
Hence, everything should be set for non-RIOTers or new RIOTers to start toying
around with ICN in IoT scenarios at the hackathon.

Cheers,
Oleg