Subject: [icnrg] NFD/ndn-cxx release 0.4.0

From: Alex Afanasyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 11:09:24 -0800

Dear all,

Happy New Year to everybody!

We are also pleased to announce the release of version 0.4.0 of Named Data Networking
Forwarding Daemon (NFD) and ndn-cxx library.

The detailed notes for the releases:
- for NFD: http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.4.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
- for ndn-cxx library: http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.4.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

***
Please note that this release contains several breaking changes to face system and
configuration files.  See more details in the release notes.
***

Source code, instruction how to install NFD on Ubuntu Linux (12.04, 14.04, and 15.10) and
OS X (10.9, 10.10, 10.11), tutorials, HOWTOs, a FAQ and other useful resources are
available on official webpages of NFD and ndn-cxx:
- http://named-data.net/doc/NFD/0.4.0/
- http://named-data.net/doc/ndn-cxx/0.4.0/

We also have updated the NFD developer's guide to revision 5 (more updates coming
before the next release):
- http://named-data.net/techreport/ndn-0021-5-nfd-developer-guide.pdf.

* * *

The NDN/NFD Team:
  Alexander Afanasyev, Junxiao Shi, Beichuan Zhang, Lixia Zhang, Ilya Moiseenko,
  Yingdi Yu, Wentao Shang, Yanbiao Li, Spyridon Mastorakis, Yi Huang, Jerald Paul
  Abraham, Steve DiBenedetto, Chengyu Fan, Christos Papadopoulos, Davide Pesavento,
  Giulio Grassi, Giovanni Pau, Hang Zhang, Tian Song, Haowei Yuan, Hila Ben Abraham,
  Patrick Crowley, Syed Obaid Amin, Vince Lehman, Lan Wang, Eric Newberry, Yukai Tu,
  Muktadir Chowdhury, and others (http://named-data.net/project/participants/)