Subject: [icnrg] ICNRG Last Call on draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming

From: "Dave Oran (oran)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:53:57 +0000

I am announcing a two week RG last call on draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming
Please send comments to the entire icnrg list.

       Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
       Authors         : Stefan Lederer
                         Cedric Westphal
                         Christopher Mueller
                         Andrea Detti
                         Daniel Corujo
                         Jianping Wang
                         Marie-Jose Montpetit
                         Niall Murray
                         Aytac Azgin
                         Shucheng Liu
                         Christian Timmerer
                         Daniel Posch
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-05.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2015-12-08

Abstract:
  This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying
  network architecture from the current Internet to an Information-
  Centric Network (ICN) architecture on video distribution. As most of
  the traffic in future networks is expected to be video, we consider
  how to modify the existing video streaming mechanisms. Several
  important topics related to video distribution over ICN are
  presented, covering a wide range of scenarios: we look at how to
  evolve DASH to work over ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC MPEG
  Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standard; we consider
  layered encoding over ICN; P2P mechanisms introduce distinct
  requirements for video and we look at how to adapt Peer to Peer
  Streaming Protocol (PPSP) for ICN; IPTV adds delay constraints, and
  this will create more stringent requirements over ICN as well. As
  part of the discussion on video, we discuss DRMs in ICN. Finally, in
  addition to consider how existing mechanisms would be impacted by
  ICN, this document lists some research issues to design ICN specific
  video streaming mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-05