Subject: [icnrg] Call for feedback on adopting draft-wood-icnrg-ccnxkeyexchange-01

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 21:34:38 +0100

Hi all,

we are asking for feedback on the proposal to adopt 
draft-wood-icnrg-ccnxkeyexchange-01 as an ICNRG item.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wood-icnrg-ccnxkeyexchange/

This document specifies Version 1.0 of the CCNx Key
Exchange (CCNxKE) protocol.  The CCNxKE protocol allows two peers
to establish a shared, forward-secure key for secure and
confidential communication.  The protocol is designed to prevent
eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery between two peers.
It is also designed to minimize the number of rounds required to
establish a shared key.  In the worst case, it requires two RTTs
between a consumer and producer to establish a shared key.  In
the best case, one RTT is required before sending any application
data.  This document outlines how to derive the keys used to
encrypt traffic.  An annex provides an example peer- to-peer
transport protocol for exchanging encrypted CCNx communications.

Please let us know if you

- support or do not support adopting this document

- are interested in helping to progress these documents (for example, by 
reviewing them)

Thanks,

Dirk, Dave, Börje

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 08:28:36 +0000

Nit: This one says "Intended status: Standards Track", which will clearly need to change.

Lars

On 2016-12-07, at 21:34, Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> we are asking for feedback on the proposal to adopt draft-wood-icnrg-ccnxkeyexchange-01 as an ICNRG item.
> 
> - are interested in helping to progress these documents (for example, by reviewing them)
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Dirk, Dave, Börje
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> icnrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/icnrg

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 08:45:07 +0000

Sorry about that.  I think Chris told me about that error and I forgot to change it to Experimental when I check in -01.  I’ll post -02 with the correct  status.

Marc

> On Dec 8, 2016, at 9:28 AM, Eggert, Lars <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 08:54:21 +0000

It can be fixed when you submit the draft-irtf-icnrg- version

Lars

> On 2016-12-08, at 9:45, [email-masked] wrote:
>