Subject: [icnrg] CFP: 4th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ACM ICN-2017), Berlin, Germany, September 26-28, 2017 (Deadline: 8 May 2017)

From: "Mayutan A." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:08:53 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
ACM ICN 2017 Call For Papers
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2017/cfp.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Please use the new ACM 2017 template
<http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template> for the submissions
------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

The organizing committee is delighted to invite you to submit your work for
presentation at the 4th ACM conference on Information Centric Networking
(ACM ICN-2017), to be held in Berlin, Germany from September 26-28, 2017.

The fundamental concept in Information Centric Networking (ICN) is to
provide the ability to access named information as a principal service
offered by the network, evolving the Internet from today’s host based
packet delivery towards directly retrieving information objects and
invoking services by name in a secure, reliable, scalable, and efficient
way. These architectural design efforts aim to address the challenges that
arise from the increasing demands for highly scalable content distribution,
from accessing cloud resources, from accelerated growth of mobile devices,
from wide deployment of Internet-of-things (IoT), and from the need to
secure the global Internet. Papers which reach out into related fields are
specifically encouraged.

(1) Use of ICN for both legacy problems and novel use cases, including but
not limited to:
◦ Content distribution
◦ Name-based access to cloud resources
◦ Device and content mobility
◦ IoT

(2) Network layer, mobility and architecture:
◦ Comparison of architectures, ICN styles and semantics
◦ Interdependency of namespace design, routing, and resource control
◦ ICN support for ad hoc and direct peer-to-peer communication
◦ ICN for high-speed networking

(3) Operations:
◦ Business and Economic models and their effects on deployability
◦ Management of ICN networks and systems
◦ Caching and its interaction with I/O performance
◦ Scalability analysis
◦ Traffic Engineering

(4) Security:
◦ Privacy, both generally and especially its interaction with caching
◦ Trust management and access control
◦ IoT-specific security considerations

(5) Application layer, evaluations and testbeds:
◦ APIs for transport, other higher-level abstractions, and their assessment
◦ Experience from implementation, testbeds, and tools
◦ Critical analysis of previous research in ICN, including reproducibility
studies
◦ Methodology and metrics

(6) Translational research:
◦ Deployments of ICN
◦ ICN for distributed computation, cloud-based services, database queries,
big data manipulation as well as ICN-mediated sensor/actuator control loops
◦ ICN-inspired applications and systems

(7) Implementation challenges and experiences
◦ Line speed caching
◦ Routing scalability
◦ Congestion control
◦ Zero conf ICN

Submission Guidelines
--------------------------------
Full-papers can be up to 10 pages in length, following the ACM SIGCOMM
format, and should convey results of mature research. Short-papers can be
up to 6 pages in length: This format is suitable for less mature
workshop-oriented work not qualifying for a full submission and for
thought-provoking position papers. Submissions exceeding the 6 pages length
will be considered as full-papers. Papers with doctoral students as first
authors are particularly encouraged. Note that in order to ensure adequate
citation of related work, extra pages of references are allowed (and
encouraged).

Submissions will be reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality,
importance of contribution, soundness, evaluation, quality of presentation
and appropriate comparison to related work. The program committee as a
whole will make final decisions about which submissions to accept for
presentation at the conference. A “best paper award” will be attributed
from the program committee to one among the accepted papers in each of the
Full paper and Short paper categories. The program committee may invite
authors of non-accepted papers present their work with a poster accompanied
by a 2-page extended abstract. Please note that ACM ICN 2017 also has a
specific call for posters, demos, tutorials, and panel sessions.

To submit papers to the ICN 2017 conference, please read carefully the
submission policies, the conflicts of interest, and the formatting
requirements specified here:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/acm-icn/2017//submission.html

TPC Chairs
--------------------------------
Dave Oran, US
Christian Tschudin, University of Basel, CH

Important Dates
--------------------------------
Paper Registration Deadline: May 1, 2017
Paper Submission Deadline: May 8, 2017
Acceptance Notification: July 18, 2017
Camera Ready Due: August 21, 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Please use the new ACM 2017 template
<http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template> for the submissions
------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------