Subject: [Id-event] Last Call: <draft-ietf-secevent-token-09.txt> (Security Event Token (SET)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 10:30:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Security Events WG (secevent) to
consider the following document: - 'Security Event Token (SET)'
  <draft-ietf-secevent-token-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-05-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines the Security Event Token (SET) data
   structure.  A SET describes statements of fact from the perspective
   of an issuer about a subject.  These statements of fact represent an
   event that occurred directly to or about a security subject, for
   example, a statement about the issuance or revocation of a token on
   behalf of a subject.  This specification is intended to enable
   representing security- and identity-related events.  A SET is a JSON
   Web Token (JWT), which can be optionally signed and/or encrypted.
   SETs can be distributed via protocols such as HTTP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-secevent-token/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-secevent-token/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.