Subject: [Id-event] SPAG as a subject identifier type

From: Atul Tulshibagwale <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:19:46 -0700

Hi all,

One thing that hasn't come out in the other email threads I started here
today, is that the SPAG may itself be a subject identifier type. This is in
cases where an event relates to the SPAG and not any subject within the
SPAG. This is already a part of the PR, but copied here for easy reference:

4.8.  SPAG Subject Identifier Type

   The SPAG Subject Identifier Type describes a Subject Principal
   Administrative Grouping or SPAG (Section 3.1).  Subject Identifiers
   of this type MUST contain a "spag_id" claim, a unique identifier
   agreed to offline between a Transmitter and a Receiver that
   identifies a SPAG uniquely within the Transmitter.  The "spag_id"
   claim MUST NOT be null or empty.  The SPAG Subject Identifier Type is
   identified by the name "spag".

   Below is an non-normative example Subject Identifier for the SPAG
   Subject Identifier Type:

{
  "subject_type": "spag",
  "spag_id" : "
https://example.com/v2/Groups/e9e30dba-f08f-4109-8486-d5c6a331660a",
}

     Figure 7: Example: Subject Identifier for SPAG Subject Identifier
                                   Type.

An example of an event that could have SPAG as a subject type is: "stream
disabled", wherein a transmitter unilaterally decides to stop sending
events about a SPAG. This can happen in case the SPAG represents a tenant,
and that tenant has been disabled / removed from the transmitter.

Atul