Subject: IGMP MIB draft -09

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

I just submitted draft -09 to address the lastest comments received.
The new version is available at
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~thalerd/draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-mib-09.txt
Changes are listed below.

-Dave

Changes that affect an existing implementation under the experimental
OID space:

   NONE.  Draft -08 and higher do not apply to the experimental OID space.

Changes that affect an implementation under the future (unassigned) OID space:

1) Fixed DEFVAL of igmpInterfaceQueryMaxResponseTime (pointed out
   by several people)
2) Changed SYNTAX of igmpInterfaceVersion1QuerierTimer, 
   igmpInterfaceQuerierUpTime, igmpInterfaceQuerierExpiryTime, and
   igmpCacheVersion1HostTimer from Integer32 (seconds) to
   TimeTicks (hundredths of a second).  (comment from Bill Fenner)
   
Cosmetic changes that do not affect implementations:

1) Changed SYNTAX of *IfIndex objects from Integer32 to InterfaceIndex
   (comment from Hiroto Shibuya)
2) Clarified DESCRIPTION of igmpCacheExpiryTime to talk about case
   where the router itself is the only member (comment from Mike Tracy)
3) Fixed order of igmpInterfaceLastMembQueryIntvl and
   igmpInterfaceProxyIfIndex in the SEQUENCE to match their OID values,
   previously were listed backwards in the sequence.  (comment from
   Lokesh Srinivas)
4) Mention that value of igmpInterfaceLastMembQueryIntvl is irrelevant
   if igmpInterfaceVersion is version1 (comment from Bill Fenner)
5) Fix DESCRIPTION of igmpInterfaceProxyIfIndex regarding router
   interfaces (also from Bill Fenner)
6) Fix DESCRIPTION of igmpCacheUpTime to say what the object actually
   does (also from Bill Fenner)