Subject: IGMPv3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:29:20 +0200

Hi,

Who's has been successfull to run IGMPv3 for Linux ?

I downloaded the Sprintlabs Linux implementation of IGMPv3.

I have not been able to run the 2.4.0 kernel version.
Explications : The patch operation is passed for all sources but when I want
to compile the kernel some errors appear
about udp.c (specifically in the 'udp_v4_mcast_filter' function where
'dereferencing pointer to incomplete type' errors appear).

Thank you for the help you would give me.

---

From: Nicolai Leymann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:31:32 +0200

Hello Herve,

> 'dereferencing pointer to incomplete type' errors appear).
We had similar problem when we tried the patch. We used the patch you
mentioned and the recommended kernel (2.2.14 as far as I remember).
But unfortunately it was not working. We were able to compile the kernel
but no IP-Multicast at all. Therefor we switched to FreeBSD 4.2 with
the following patch which worked quite well for us:

    http://home.hetnet.nl/~wilbertdg/igmpv3.html

   Nic

-- 
Nicolai Leymann                       EMail:  [email-masked]
T-Nova Berkom, EB11.3                 Phone:  ++49-30-34973570
IP-Technologies                       Mobile: ++49-170-2275345
Goslarer Ufer 35, 10589 Berlin        Fax:    ++49-30-34973571
Germany