Subject: [idn] Verisign mores the IDN testbed forward.

From: Rick H Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:59:14 -0700 (PDT)

all:

In case you all didn't know it, Verisign intends to put RACE based
multilingual names in to the com/net/org zones starting on May 29th, 2001.

aparently VeriSign polled their current IDN enabled registrars and
decided it was a good idea to move forward.

-rick

---

From: Dan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:50:47 +0200 (MEST)

>decided it was a good idea to move forward.

I am getting the feeling that the open community of IETF is ignored
in the area of internationalisation of DNS. I doubt very much that
RACE is the best ACE. It is quite complex to use.
First we need to decide what is needed of a good ACE. Thing like:
- must be simple
- fast
- compact
- ....
And what is most important.
The all the ACE formats available must be tested.
After that, we can decide what to use.

   Dan