Subject: [idn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idn-iptr-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:55:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internationalized Domain Name Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internationalized PTR Resource Record (IPTR)
	Author(s)	: H. Shi, J. Liang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idn-iptr-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 17-May-01
	
This draft attempts to address the problem of how an IP address should
be properly mapped to a set of internationalized domain names(iDNs).
It is currently unspecified how a PTR record can be used for this
purpose.  In addition, the syntax of the PTR resource record may be
too restrictive for such a mapping in a more culturally meaningful
context.  This document suggests a new TYPE called IPTR using EDNS0
and a mechanism to combind language information with such a mapping.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-iptr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idn-iptr-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-iptr-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.