Subject: [idn] IDN and Windows XP Service Pack 2

From: "Georg Ochsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:22:20 +0200

Dear all,

does anybody know if Microsoft will implement the IDN RFCs in its SP2 for
Windows XP this summer in order to support multilingual domain names in the
Internet Exporer etc?

Regards,
Georg

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:36:10 -0400

--On Wednesday, 09 June, 2004 12:22 +0200 Georg Ochsner
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> 
> does anybody know if Microsoft will implement the IDN RFCs in
> its SP2 for Windows XP this summer in order to support
> multilingual domain names in the Internet Exporer etc?

Unless there has been a significant change in policy (and maybe
technology) there since we last heard from them, yes, we know.
And the answer is "no, not before Longhorn".

    john