Subject: [idn] list: productive discussion

From: Erik van der Poel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:39:02 -0800

All,

Apparently a mailing list called ietf-stringprep was started at one 
point, but there wasn't much discussion there, and most people just 
discussed it here (on the idn list) instead. Since there probably isn't 
enough interest in Stringprep to fork this list, I suppose I could 
continue discussing Stringprep here. In order to make it clear that I'm 
talking about Stringprep, I will insert "stringprep:" in the Subject 
header. Other insertions I will use are:

list: to discuss the use of the mailing list itself (like this email)

idna: to discuss IDNA and related topics (i.e. Nameprep, Punycode, 
registration/application/Unicode issues)

off-topic: to discuss other issues such as PAD, keywords, Real Names, 
Petnames, directories, searching, handles, etc

I will try not to talk about "off-topic" topics, since it is not a very 
productive use of this mailing list. The IDN Working Group has 
"concluded" and this mailing list is not moderated, so my Subject header 
insertions are purely a personal choice. It would be great if others 
used the same insertions, but of course that is a personal choice.

Thanks,

Erik