Subject: Some comments on draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-03.txt

From: "Bruno Rijsman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:26:19 -0500

(1) Type TimeTicks should be imported from SNMPv2-SMI

(2) A value still needs to be allocated for XXX in

    bgpM2PathAttrExtCommTable OBJECT-TYPE
        [...]
        DESCRIPTION
        [...]
            XXX JMH - can not assign the OID until an RFC is published."
        ::= { bgpM2PathAttrNonCapExts XXX }

    PS - In this case it is not quite clear to me why that has to wait
    until the RFC is published.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:34:14 -0500

Bruno,

The general idea was that the extension OID would be based on the RFC
number.

This is, of course, open to reconsideration.  However, this also keeps
us from sticking things in the bgp mib extensions that aren't at least
supported by some RFC.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies