Subject: [Idr] Re: FSM review - comments on Administrative events 8.1.1 - Urgent

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:59:09 -0700

Sue,

> Tom and Alex:

> I need to your help on resolving Tom's comments.
> I've got conflicting comments. 

> (Tom - Thanks for the note.  Your Thursday email got to me
> delayed due to a mailer problem.  We got a lot of spam last
> week.) 

> On your comments:

> pre-1) 8.2.1.3 - Can you propose text? Or suggest changes?
>          Can you confirm your text with Alex 1st?

Which one is this? On peer identification?

> 1) I Will change session to connection
> 2) true/False on values 
>         Please agree with Alex on Value or just flag.

editorial, no strong preference

> 3) stops/starts - I'm happy to use the stops/starts.
>         1) For optional - we do need a value to indicate the timer is there.
>         2) I'll be glad to use the 3 types
>                 xxxTime in seconds (initial value)
>               xxxTimer - starts, stops is reset etc.
>                 xxxTimerAttribute - that signals use?
  
>         The comments from the previous information (including yours)
>         indicated the stop/start values.

>         Please confirm what you would like to have.

ditto

> 4) connection attributes 

>         I am glad to use connection or session attributes.
>         I simply need you and Alex (or his AD-Commentors)
>         to agree on a text.

>         If we are banning sessions, then connections are
>         OK with me.  I think session is a more accurate term
>         for the FSM - but if it is binned nothing in this world
>         can drag me into a longer discussion. 

ditto

> But, I need again -- I need to see email from both of you
> confirming the change.

generally, if the choice of the exact text does not change
the technical meaning, I'm happy with whatever the authors
and the WG agree on.

Alex

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:59:09 -0700

Sue,

  

ditto

ditto

Alex