Subject: [Idr] Issue 8: Editorial changes for section 8.1.2 - all accepted

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:12:34 -0400

Tom:

I have made all the editorial changes for section 8.1.2.
I have attached the notes from section 8.1.2.

Sue

===========

Issue 8: 
	Editorial changes: all accepted 

8.1.2 Administrative Events

   Please note that only Event 1 (manual start) and Event 2 (manual
   stop) are mandatory administrative events. All other administrative
   events are optional (Events 3-8).   Each event below has a name,
   definition, status (mandatory or optional), and what optional session
   attributes SHOULD be set at each stage.  

       Event1: ManualStart

              Definition: Local system administrator manually starts peer
                          connection.

              Status:     Mandatory

              Optional
              Attribute
	      Status:     **The**(remove) PassiveTCPEstablishment SHOULD be set to FALSE.

[changed to "The PassiveTcpEstablishment SHOULD be set to FALSE.]

       Event2: ManualStop

              Definition: Local system administrator manually
                          stops the peer connection.

              Status:     Mandatory

	      Optional
	      Attribute
	      Status:	  No interaction with any optional attributes. 

       Event3: AutomaticStart

              Definition: Local system automatically starts the
                          BGP connection.

              Status:     Optional, depending on local system

              Optional
              Attribute
	      Status:     1) **(Allow)AutomaticStart SHOULD be set if this event occurs.
                          2) If the PassiveTCPEstablishment optional session
			     attribute is supported, it SHOULD be set to FALSE.
                          3) If the DampPeerOscillation is supported, it
			     SHOULD be set to FALSE when this event occurs. 

[accept change on Allow]

       Event4: ManualStart_with_PassiveTCPEstablishment

              Definition: Local system administrator manually starts the peer
                          connection, but has the PassiveTCPEstablishment
                          enabled.  The passive TCP establishment **(PassiveTcpEstablishment) flag indicates
                          that the peer will listen prior to
                          establishing the connection.

              Status:     Optional, depending on local system

              Optional
              Attribute 
	      Status:	  1) The Passive TCP Establishment**(PassiveTcpEstablishment)  attribute SHOULD be set to
			     TRUE if this event occurs.
                          2) The DampBGP**(remove BGP)PeerOscillation attribute SHOULD be set to
			     FALSE when this event occurs.   

       Event5: AutomaticStart_with_PassiveTCPEstablishment  

              Definition: Local system automatically starts the
                          BGP connection with the **P**passiveTCPEstablishment
                          enabled.  The passive flag **(This flag)indicates
                          that the peer will listen prior to
                          establishing a connection.

              Status:     Optional, depending on local system
              Optional
              Attribute 
              Status:     1) **(Allow)AutomaticStart SHOULD be set to TRUE.
                          2) PassiveTCPEstablishment SHOULD be set to TRUE
                          3) If the DampBGP**(remove BGP)PeerOscillation is supported,
                             the DampBGP**(remove BGP)PeerOscillation SHOULD be set to
			     FALSE.
[accept] 

       Event6: AutomaticStart_with_DampPeerOscillations

              Definition: Local system automatically starts the
                          BGP peer connection with peer oscillation
                          damping enabled. The exact method of damping
                          persistent peer oscillations is left up to the
                          implementation and is outside the scope of
                          this document.

              Status:     Optional, depending on local system.

              Optional
              Attribute 
              Status:     1) **(Allow)AutomaticStart SHOULD be set to TRUE.
                          2) DampPeerOscillation SHOULD be set to TRUE.
                          3) PassiveTCPEstablishment SHOULD be set to FALSE.

[accept] 

      Event 7: AutomaticStart_with_DampPeerOscill**i**ations_and_ 
			PassiveTCPEstablishment 

[accept] 

              Definition: Local system automatically starts the
                          BGP peer connection with peer oscillation
                          damping enabled and passive TCP establishment
                          enabled.  The exact method of damping
                          persistent peer oscillations is left up to the
                          implementation and is outside the scope of
                          this document.

              Status:     Optional, depending on local system

              Optional
              Attributes
	      Status:	  1) **(Allow)AutomaticStart SHOULD be set to TRUE.
                          2) DampPeerOscillation SHOULD be set to TRUE.
                          3) PassiveTCPEstablishment SHOULD be set to TRUE.

[accept] 

       Event8: AutomaticStop

              Definition: Local system automatically stops the
                          BGP connection.

                          An example of an automatic stop event is
                          exceeding the number of prefixes for a given
                          peer and the local system  automatically
                          disconnecting the peer.

              Status:     Optional, depending on local system

              Optional
              Attribute
	      Status:	 1) **(Allow)AutomaticStop SHOULD be TRUE

[accept]

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr