Subject: [Idr] Re: FSM review - urgent (Tom and Alex please confirm changes)

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:05:41 -0700

Sue-

> Alex:

> 1) All States will start with a capital.
> 2) All bgp resources - will either 
>         1) stay at "all BGP resources" or
>         2) change to "All BGP resources for this BGP connection"
        
>         Please work with Tom Petch to determine
>         which of these two you both approve or
>         I will leave it at "all BGP resources". 

no strong preference, but making it specific to the session
makes more sense to me

> 3) Garbled text in Event23 is correct to the sentence: 

>         Event23 is an administrative action
>       called by implementation specific logic
>       that determines that this connection
>       needs to be dropped. 

> [Alex/AD-review] Why "implementation-specific logic"?

> [Sue]   Implementations code 6.8 in a particular form.
> [Sue]    Policy + Administrative events creation is an 
> [Sue]    Implementation specific logic.  FSM defines what
> [sue]    happens on the wire.

This part is related to the collision detection, right?
Clearly both sides need to agree on which transport connection
to bring down, and the logic for this is described in 6.8.
While the exact code is implementation specific, the _logic_
should not be, however the text sounds like it is completely
up to the implementor how to generate OpenCollisionDump.

4) >> 8.2.1.1 Terms "active" and "passive"

>>    The terms active and passive have been in our vocabulary for almost a
>>    decade and have proven useful.

> will be replaced with:

>         The terms active and passive have been in the Internet operator's
>       vocabulary for almost a decade and have proven useful.

>         Please confirm (with Tom Petch and AD reviewers) that
>         you like the replacement text.

WFM

Alex

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:05:41 -0700

Sue-

        

WFM

Alex