Subject: [Idr] Issue 10: section 8.1.4 - TCP connection events

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:01:06 -0400

=========================
Issue 10: section 8.1.4 - TCP connection events

issue: accepted all changes 

8.1.4 TCP Connection based Events

       Event14: TCPConnection_Valid

              Definition: Event indicating the local system reception of
                          a TCP connection request with a valid source
                          IP address and TCP port and a valid destination
                          IP address and TCP Port. The definition of
                          invalid source and invalid destination
                          IP address is left to the implementation.

                          BGP's destination port SHOULD be port
                          179 as defined by IANA.

                          TCP connection request is denoted by
                          the local system receiving a TCP SYN.

              Status:     Optional

              Optional
              Attribute
	      Status:	 1) The TrackTCPState SHOULD be set to TRUE if
                             this event occurs.

       Event15: TCP_CR_Invalid

              Definition: Event indicating the local system reception of
                          a TCP connection request with either
                          an invalid source address or port
                          number or an invalid destination
                          address or port number.

                          BGP destination port number SHOULD be 179
                          as defined by IANA.

                          A TCP connection request occurs when
			  the local system receives a TCP SYN.

              Status:     Optional

              Optional
              Attribute
	      Status:	  1) The TrackTCPState should be set to TRUE
			     if this event occurs.

       Event16: TCP_CR_Acked

              Definition: Event indicating the **l**Local system's request
                          to establish a TCP connection to the remote
                          peer.

[accepted - use local system] 

                          The local system's TCP session sent a TCP
                          SYN, and received a TCP SYN, ACK messages,
                          and Sent a TCP ACK.

              Status:     Mandatory

       Event17: TCPConnectionConfirmed

              Definition: Event indicates that the local system has 
            **(sudden switch here from indicating to indicates - Consistency!)

[accepted - use local] 
			  received a confirmation that the TCP
                          connection has been established by the
                          remote site.

                          The remote peer's TCP engine sent a TCP SYN.
                          The local peer's TCP engine sent a SYN, ACK
                          message and now has received a final ACK.
              Status:     Mandatory

       Event18: TCPC**o**nnectionFails
[accepted - use "o"]

              Definition: Event indicates that the local system has
                          received a TCP connection failure notice.

[accepted - indicating] 
                          The remote BGP peer's TCP machine could have
                          sent a FIN.  The local peer would respond
                          with a FIN-ACK. Another alternative is that
                          the local peer indicated a timeout in the
                          TCP session and downed the connection.
              Status:     Mandatory

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr