Subject: [Idr] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idr-restart-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:18:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP
	Author(s)	: S. Sangli, Y. Rekhter et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idr-restart-08.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-9-30
	
This document proposes a mechanism for BGP that would help minimize
the negative effects on routing caused by BGP restart. An End-of-RIB
marker is specified and can be used to convey routing convergence
information.  A new BGP capability, termed 'Graceful Restart
Capability', is defined which would allow a BGP speaker to express
its ability to preserve forwarding state during BGP restart. Finally,
procedures are outlined for temporarily retaining routing information
across a TCP transport reset.
The mechanisms described in this document are applicable to all
routers, both those with the ability to preserve forwarding state
during BGP restart and those without (although the latter need to
implement only a subset of the mechanisms described in this
document).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-restart-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idr-restart-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-restart-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.