Subject: [Idr] draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:19:27 -0400

Folks,

As others have noted, while the underlying goal of 
draft-chavali-bgp-prefixlimit-01 seems worthwhile, we think the 
actual mechanisms proposed are more complex than is necessary.

We've written another draft which we think provides the needed 
functionality with less complexity, along the lines of what I 
suggested at the meeting in Minneapolis.  In summary we introduce a 
new ORF-type which carries a 32 bit prefix limit, and also use the 
PERMIT/DENY flag to signal whether enforcement of the limit will be 
done by dropping the session or not.  The draft is a tad over four 
pages plus six pages of IETF boilerplate.

The draft has been submitted as an I-D.  Until it's available in the 
usual places, you can find it at 
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/jgs/draft-keyur-prefixlimit-orf-00.txt

Discussion of the draft would be welcome.

Thanks,

--John

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr