Subject: [Idr] rfc1863 to historic

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:12:19 -0700

Folks,

Please comment on the attached request to move rfc1863 to historic.
The deadline for comments is May 18, 2004.

Yakov.
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 03 May 2004 22:23:25 +0300
From:    Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
To:      [email-masked]
Subject: RFC1863 to historic? [Re: [Idr] Last Call on draft-ietf-idr-rfc2796bis
	  -00.txt (fwd)]

Hi,

Should draft-ietf-idr-rfc2796bis-00.txt or some other document also
make RFC1863 ("A BGP/IDRP Route Server alternative to a full mesh
routing") historic?

IDRP is at least extict, but are BGP route servers useful for the
replacement of a full mesh (anymore/at all)?

- ----------------------------
[..........]
>  - food for thought: should we kill two birds in one stone, and also 
>    declare RFC1863 ("A BGP/IDRP Route Server alternative to a full 
>    mesh routing") historic?  Is that useful anymore?

This is a good question. May I suggest you'll bring it up to the
IDR mailing list after we'll finish the WG Last Call on this document
(as it deserves discussion on its own).

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

------- End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr