Subject: [Idr] Dynamic Capability for BGP-4

From: Neil Matthew <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:24:45 +0100

Hi Folks

I note that the topic of dynamic capability support has gone kind of 
quiet.  Can anyone update me with the current state of play?

My primary concern is how it impacts the features (such as ORF and 
Graceful Restart) that lie behind these capabilities.  Is there any work 
going on behind the scenes to detail this or is the intention that such 
matters be left to the developer?

There was some discussion on this subject around 4 years ago!

On a related note, are there any implementations in existence?

Cheers

Neil

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Enke Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:07:59 -0700

Hi, Neil:

Just noticed that the draft has expired,  will refresh. In the meantime, 
you can find the draft here:

http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-ietf-idr-dynamic-cap-08.txt

Regarding its status, the spec has been stable since the sync mechanism 
was introduced several years ago.

-- Enke

Neil Matthew wrote:

> Graceful Restart) that lie behind these capabilities.  Is there any 
> work going on behind the scenes to detail this or is the intention 
> that such matters be left to the developer?
>