Subject: Re: [Idr] Re: Last Call: 'Connecting IPv6 Islands over IPv4 MPLS using, IPv6 Provider Edge Routers (6PE)' to Proposed Standard

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:42:56 -0400

> 
> I am willing to write the document which will attempt to preserve and
> clarify legacy techniques as well as specify the solution to the the issues
> listed above to make progress. Thoughts?
> 
> - -DWard

Dave,

If it helps at all, I am currently working on a draft that describes
procedures by which an operator can deliver IPv4 services over an IPv6
L3VPN infrastructure.

                           Ron

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:57:04 -0500

Ron -

    Can you send me a pointer or copy of the proposal? Going by the brief
description below, it addresses another case we need to solve in softwires.
Depending on the status of the draft and proposal for NH derivation, it may
or may not necessarily fall into the 'legacy' bucket. So, we may or may not
want to legacy techniques for deriving the AF of the NH and subsequent rules
for use.

Thanks

-DWard