Subject: [Idr] Draft on "Tunneled Inter-domain Routing", version 01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:53:35 +0100

Hi,

I have sent a new version of the draft on "Tunneled Inter-domain
Routing" (TIDR): draft-adan-idr-tidr-01.txt.

TIDR allows us to classify prefixes into "identifier prefixes"
and "locator prefixes". Considering that in a full TIDR-aware
Internet transit packet forwarding would be based only on locators
the need to make sure that an autonomous system is authorized
to announce a "locator prefix" is crucial. In my proposal, I
show a way to achieve this by using (1) a specific IP address
range assigned per AS; (2) the LOCATOR attribute to digitally
sign the announcement; and (3) the AS_PATH.

I have included in a new section on "Security Considerations"
these ideas on the authentication of identifier prefixes and
locator prefixes.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Juanjo

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr