Subject: [Idr] AFI IANA Considerations

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:03:38 -0800

http://www.iana.org/assignments/address-family-numbers

Address families 1-25 have been defined; 26-65534 are available.  My take
of the feeling in the room was to reserve some, definitely have some FCFS,
and possibly have some other.

Here's a proposal:

26-32767: Standards Action (standards-track RFC required)
32768-65534: FCFS

This allows a fairly large FCFS range, but still reserves a fairly
large range for standards-track items and keeps the standards-track
numbers with the already-assigned values.

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:14:14 -0500

> numbers with the already-assigned values.

Bill,

It might be worthwhile to indicate that FCFS is intended to be
temporary until sufficient implementation and deployment existed to
justify standards-track (with the possibility of "large values of
temporary").

Curtis

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:10:18 +0800

Works for me.

--John