Subject: [Idr] draft-pmohapat-idr-fast-conn-restore-00

From: "Glen Kent" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:39:57 +0530

Hi,

I have a simple doubt.

I have two routes for 100.0.0.0/8 with next-hops N1 and N2, as-path
AS1 and AS2 respectively. I want to advertise these to my peer, with
whom i exchanged all the required capabilities. How do i encode this
using attr_set attribute (draft-pmohapat-idr-fast-conn-restore-00)?

Glen.
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:46:04 -0800

Hi Glen,

 > AS1 and AS2 respectively. I want to advertise these to my peer, with

The draft is pretty clear that it talks about advertising those two 
paths only to your IBGP peers (just to make it obvious).

You are not encoding those two paths using attr-set. This is only to be 
used as tie breaker in the IBGP domain.

The encoding as you can see from my presentation is defined by 
add-path-06 base spec.

Cheers,
R.