Subject: [Idr] Document Action: 'AS Number Reservation for Documentation Use' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:44:47 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'AS Number Reservation for Documentation Use '
   <draft-ietf-idr-as-documentation-reservation-00.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-as-documentation-reservation-00.txt

Technical Summary

   This document reserves specific ASN (both 16 bit and 32bit) ranges for
use in documentation as examples.

Working Group Summary

   This document passed the IDR WG Last Call with no objections. Note
that this work stemmed from an RIR policy action and we are trying to
solve this reservation through IETF process. If delayed, we can get into a
process issue between RIR setting policy and update of IANA registry and
review by IDR. This draft takes the RIR policy request for ASN reservation
and turns it into a draft.

Document Quality

   No issues.

Personnel

   Dave Ward

IANA Note

We should change the registry such that all non-RIR ASN allocations go
through the IDR WG and require IETF consensus. At this point, the registry
is unclear and all ASN allocations/reservations are stated to come from
RIR requests.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr