Subject: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-00

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:17:29 +0100

Hi,

Please find below one minor editorial comment

2. Revision to Base Specification

"  When a path attribute in an UPDATE message is determined to be
   malformed, the UPDATE message containing that attribute MUST be
   treated as [withdraw]. 
   In the case of an attribute which has no effect on route selection or
installation, the
   malformed attribute MAY instead be discarded [...]."

I'm not sure how much a "MAY" may overrule a "MUST".

I would propose the following rewording:
"When a path attribute in an UPDATE message is determined to be
   malformed, the UPDATE message containing that attribute MUST either
be
   treated as withdraw or as "attribute discard". If the attribute as an
effect on route selection or installation, it MUST be treated as
withdraw."

Regards,
Bruno