Subject: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-00

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:22:02 +0100

Alvaro, Russ, all

Draft says:

"      The value of the high-order octet of this Opaque Extended
      Community is 0x03 or 0x43.  The value of the low-order octet of
      the extended type field for this community is 0x01."

[...]

"   IANA is asked to assign the type values indicated in Section 3 to
the
   Cost Community in the BGP Opaque Extended Community registry
   [BGP_EXT]."

In order to avoid that different independent draft inadvertently pick
the same value, I would suggest that either the specific value (0x01) be
removed from the draft (replaced by "TBD") or probably preferably, that
you request this value to the IANA (Opaque Extended Community is "First
Come First Serve"). That's a 1 minute request @
http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/assignments.pl .

Many thanks
Bruno

PS: I agree that the probably of collision is small, but when it
happens, in the end the pain is mostly on the provider side. So if we
could avoid at no cost.