Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Deprecation of BGP Path Attributes DPA, ADVERTISER and RCID_PATH / CLUSTER_ID' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-dpa-etal-00.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:08:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Deprecation of BGP Path Attributes DPA, ADVERTISER and RCID_PATH /
   CLUSTER_ID'
  (draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-dpa-etal-00.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-dpa-etal/

Technical Summary

This document requests IANA to deprecate the BGP path attributes DPA,
ADVERTISER, and RCID_PATH / CLUSTER_ID, associated with an abandoned
Internet Draft and a Historic RFC, respectively.

Note that CLUSTER_ID is not the same as, and should not
be confused with, CLUSTER_LIST. 

Working Group Summary

Consensus was clear and there was no dissent. This is not surprising
considering the draft is very short (substantive content: six
sentences). 

The chairs did take the unusual step of running adoption and WGLC in
parallel, with the proviso that if there was any disagreement
at all, we would revert to the usual procedure. There was no
disagreement. 

Document Quality

The document merely requests that three code points be deprecated.
The code points are defined in respectively, an abandoned draft
and a Historic RFC. 

Personnel

Sue Hares is the Document Shepherd.

Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director?

RFC Editor Note

Please change intended status to Proposed Standard