Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana-01.txt> (IANA Registries for BGP Extended Communities) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 08:05:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'IANA Registries for BGP Extended Communities'
  <draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document reorganizes the IANA Registries for the type values and
   sub-type values of BGP Extended Communities attribute and the BGP
   IPv6-Address-Specific Extended Communities attribute.  This is done
   in order to remove inter-dependencies among the registries, thus
   making it easier for IANA to determine which codepoints are available
   for assignment in which registries.  This document also clarifies the
   information that must be provided to IANA when requesting an
   allocation from one or more of these registries.  These changes are
   compatible with the existing allocations, and thus do not affect
   protocol implementations.  The changes will however impact the "IANA
   Considerations" sections of future protocol specifications.  This
   document updates RFCs 4360 and 5701.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-extcomm-iana/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.