Subject: [Idr] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC4274 (3773)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC4274, "BGP-4 Protocol Analysis". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4274&eid=3773

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2006-07-08
Held by: Stewart Bryant (IESG)

Original Text
-------------
(3)  typos (multiple missing articles)

Section 4 of RFC 4274, on page 6, says:

   Whenever a BGP speaker detects an error in a peer connection, it
   shuts down the peer and changes its FSM state to IDLE.  BGP speaker
   requires a Start event to re-initiate an idle peer connection.  If
   the error remains persistent and BGP speaker generates a Start event
   automatically, then it may result in persistent peer flapping.
   Although peer oscillation is found to be wide-spread in BGP
   implementations, methods for preventing persistent peer oscillations
   are outside the scope of base BGP specification.

Corrected Text
--------------
It should say:

   Whenever a BGP speaker detects an error in a peer connection, it
|  shuts down the peer and changes its FSM state to IDLE.  A BGP speaker
   requires a Start event to re-initiate an idle peer connection.  If
|  the error remains persistent and the BGP speaker generates a Start
   event automatically, then it may result in persistent peer flapping.
   Although peer oscillation is found to be wide-spread in BGP
   implementations, methods for preventing persistent peer oscillations
|  are outside the scope of the base BGP specification.

Notes
-----
from errata 148

--------------------------------------
RFC4274 (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-analysis-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : BGP-4 Protocol Analysis
Publication Date    : January 2006
Author(s)           : D. Meyer, K. Patel
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG