Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:43:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Making Route Flap Damping Usable
	Author(s)       : Cristel Pelsser
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Olaf Maennel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-10-10

Abstract:
   Route Flap Damping (RFD) was first proposed to reduce BGP churn in
   routers.  Unfortunately, RFD was found to severely penalize sites for
   being well-connected because topological richness amplifies the
   number of update messages exchanged.  Many operators have turned RFD
   off.  Based on experimental measurement, this document recommends
   adjusting a few RFD algorithmic constants and limits, to reduce the
   high risks with RFD, with the result being damping a non-trivial
   amount of long term churn without penalizing well-behaved prefixes'
   normal convergence process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rfd-usable-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 08:55:32 +0900

i think this got all the LC comments and the iesg requests.

randy

> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr