Subject: [Idr] FW: New Version Notification for draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted-01.txt

From: Victor Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:53:57 +0000

Dear all,

We submitted a first version of this draft to the PCE WG. The PCE WG
Proposed us to distribute the draft in the IDR mailing list because it
presents an architecture to use BGP-LS in a Hierarchical PCE (H-PCE)
scenario [RFC6805 - http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6805].

Just to give some background about the architecture. In H-PCE scenarios,
there is a parent PCE and some child PCEs. The parent PCE does not have
information of the whole network, but is only aware of the connectivity
among the domains and provide coordination to the child PCEs. When there
is a path request, it is sent to the parent PCE, which selects a set of
candidate domain paths and sends requests to the child PCEs responsible
for these domains. Then the parent PCE selects the best path.

However, it is not defined how the parent PCE retrieves the information of
the children PCEs. This draft presents how BGP-LS can be used in H-PCE
scenarios to exchange information among the PCEs. This is an informational
draft with the aim of explaining how both protocols can fit in the H-PCE
architecture.

Comments are welcome

Victor, Oscar, Dan and Stefano

>El 12/02/14 20:58, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>escribió:
>
>>
>>A new version of I-D, draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted-01.txt
>>has been successfully submitted by Victor Lopez and posted to the
>>IETF repository.
>>
>>Name:         draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted
>>Revision:     01
>>Title:                Traffic Engineering Database dissemination for Hierarchical PCE
>>scenarios
>>Document date:        2014-02-11
>>Group:                Individual Submission
>>Pages:                11
>>URL:
>>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted-01.txt
>>Status:
>>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted/
>>Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted-01
>>Diff:
>>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lopez-pce-hpce-ted-01
>>
>>Abstract:
>>   The PCE architecture is well-defined and may be used to compute the
>>   optimal path for LSPS across domains in MPLS-TE and GMPLS networks.
>>   The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) [RFC6805] was
>>   developed to provide an optimal path when the sequence of domains is
>>   not known in advance.  The procedure and mechanism for populating the
>>   Traffic Engineering Database (TED) with domain topology and link
>>   information used in H-PCE-based path computations is open to
>>   interpretation.  This informational document describes how topology
>>   dissemination mechanisms may be used to provide TE information
>>   between Parent and Child PCEs (within the H-PCE context).  In
>>   particular, it describes how BGP-LS might be used to provide inter-
>>   domain connectivity.  This document is not intended to define new
>>   extensions, it demonstrates how existing procedures and mechanisms
>>   may be used.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>>submission
>>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>>
>>The IETF Secretariat
>>
>

________________________________

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:
http://www.tid.es/ES/PAGINAS/disclaimer.aspx