Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:12:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Autonomous System (AS) Migration Features and Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute
        Authors         : Wesley George
                          Shane Amante
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2014-06-13

Abstract:
   This draft discusses common methods of managing an ASN migration
   using some BGP feaures that while commonly-used are not formally part
   of the BGP4 protocol specification and may be vendor-specific in
   exact implementation.  It is necessary to document these de facto
   standards to ensure that they are properly supported in future BGP
   protocol work such as BGPSec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:19:41 -0400

Changelog:

Adds RFC2119 boilerplate and two implementation sections (3.2 and 4.2) to
provide 2119 normative language describing how to implement the features
described by the document (after multiple recommendations to include this
instead of the vendor documentation).
Updates vendor-specific documentation references, and moves the pointers
to those documents to an implementation report appendix
Incorporates review feedback from several off-list reviews from Cisco and
Juniper folks.

Open question: Does this need to formally update the BGP Spec, and is
informational still the appropriate status for the doc now that it’s
actually defining the behavior in normative language?

I think this might be ready for WGLC unless there is a burning desire to
discuss it in person in Toronto.

Thanks,

Wes George

On 6/13/14, 11:12 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>        Title           : Autonomous System (AS) Migration Features and
>Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute
>        Authors         : Wesley George
>                          Shane Amante

Anything below this line has been added by my company’s mail server, I
have no control over it.
-----------

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.