Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Reservation of Last Autonomous System (AS) Numbers' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 12:40:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Reservation of Last Autonomous System (AS) Numbers'
  (draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation-07.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-last-as-reservation/

Technical Summary

   This document reserves two Autonomous System numbers (ASNs) at the
   end of the 16 bit and 32 bit ranges, described in this document as
   "Last ASNs" and provides guidance to implementers and operators on
   their use.

Working Group Summary

WG's only discussion was on whether this was BCP or Proposed standard.
The result was "What-ever works" as it has both suggestions to 
implementors and operators. 

Document Quality

Implementations at Microsoft, Cisco and Juniper adapted this range. 
No implementation report exists. 

Early reviews for IANA, OPS-DIR, Routing AD, and Routing Directorate were requested and done.

Personnel

Shepherd: Susan Hares
AD: Alia Atlas