Subject: [Idr] Shepherds Writeup for draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-implementation-00

From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:20:10 -0400

Y'all --

Shepherds writeup for draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-implementation-00 below.

Russ

==
1. Summary

The document shepherd is Russ White. The responsible Area Director is Alvaro
Retana.

This document documents the current implementation state for a set of
extensions to BGP so a BGP speaker can advertise multiple paths rather than
a single best path to peers. These additional paths are intended to used to
eliminate path oscillation, in a number of situations where advertising
multiple paths can improve network convergence, and in a number of
situations where BGP is used in "high fan out" equal cost multipath network
topologies to provide optimal path availability.

2. Review and Consensus

There has been no controversy over this document, which simply indicates how
many implementations of these extensions there are, and which specific
capabilities have been included in those implementations. The document shows
widespread implementation of the features described.

The working group has reached concensus on moving this document forward.

3. Intellectual Property

Each author has confirmed conformance with BCP 78/79. There are no IPR
disclosures on the document.

4. Other Points

There are no normative downrefs in this document. There are no additions to
the YANG model based on the extensions described in this draft. There are no
changes to any IANA registry as a result of this draft.