Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:25:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Inter-domain SLA Exchange
        Authors         : Shitanshu Shah
                          Keyur Patel
                          Sandeep Bajaj
                          Luis Tomotaki
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-04-26

Abstract:
   Network administrators typically enforce Quality of Service (QoS)
   policies according to Service Level Agreement (SLA) with their
   providers.  The enforcement of such policies often relies upon
   vendor-specific configuration language.  Both learning of SLA, either
   thru SLA documents or via some other out-of-band method, and
   translating them to vendor specific configuration language is a
   complex, many times manual, process and prone to errors.  This
   document proposes an in-band method of SLA signaling which can help
   to simplify some of the complexities.

   This document defines an optional transitive attribute to signal SLA
   details in-band, across administrative boundaries (considered as
   Autonomous Systems (AS)), thus simplifying and facilitating some of
   the complex provisioning tasks.

   Though the use case with the proposed BGP attribute is explicitly
   defined in this document, purpose of this attribute is not limited to
   this use case only.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-sla-exchange-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/