Subject: [Idr] Route Leaks and solutions

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:54:42 -0400

Sriram and Doug: 

During the interim the following questions asked about the solution in
draft-sriram-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-00

1.       Does the IDR WG think Route leaks should be deployed in two modes:
With BGPSEC and without BGPSEC?  

Without BGPSEC, Sriram suggested that  it could accidental route leaks, but
not malicious route leaks.

Is this useful to operators? 

Without BGPSEC, this could be deployed as an optional transitive path
attribute or an extended community.  

With BGPSEC, this information could be part of the signed path attributes. 

2.       If we think it is useful without BGPSEC, should it be deployed in
both forms (BGPSEC and non-BGPSEC)

3.       Would deploying ROA and route filtering, find this another useful
addition?

Could you comment on these questions and discuss the value of route leaks on
the list? 

Sue Hares

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:52:39 +0900

> With BGPSEC and without BGPSEC?  

without bgpsec, is it an attack vector?

randy