Subject: [Idr] RFC 7752 on North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and Traffic Engineering (TE) Information Using BGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7752

        Title:      North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and 
                    Traffic Engineering (TE) Information Using BGP 
        Author:     H. Gredler, Ed.,
                    J. Medved, S. Previdi,
                    A. Farrel, S. Ray
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Characters: 113130
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7752

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7752

In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
current state of the connections within the network, including
Traffic Engineering (TE) information.  This is information typically
distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network.

This document describes a mechanism by which link-state and TE
information can be collected from networks and shared with external
components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is achieved using a
new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI) encoding
format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and virtual IGP
links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy control.

Applications of this technique include Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization (ALTO) servers and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:31:47 -0400

Congratulations to Hannes, Jan, Stefano, Adrian and Saikat ..  
Thanks for all the hard work!

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:57 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] RFC 7752 on North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and
Traffic Engineering (TE) Information Using BGP

        RFC 7752

In a number of environments, a component external to a network is called
upon to perform computations based on the network topology and current state
of the connections within the network, including Traffic Engineering (TE)
information.  This is information typically distributed by IGP routing
protocols within the network.

This document describes a mechanism by which link-state and TE information
can be collected from networks and shared with external components using the
BGP routing protocol.  This is achieved using a new BGP Network Layer
Reachability Information (NLRI) encoding format.  The mechanism is
applicable to physical and virtual IGP links.  The mechanism described is
subject to policy control.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the
IETF.

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search For
downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the author
of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for unlimited
distribution.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr