Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-route-oscillation-stop-02.txt> (BGP Persistent Route Oscillation Solutions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:42:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'BGP Persistent Route Oscillation Solutions'
  <draft-ietf-idr-route-oscillation-stop-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents two sets of paths for an address prefix that
   can be advertised by a BGP route reflector or confederation ASBR to
   eliminate the MED-induced route oscillations in a network.  The first
   set involves all the available paths, and would achieve the same
   routing consistency as the full IBGP mesh.  The second set, which is
   a subset of the first one, involves the neighbor-AS based Group Best
   Paths, and would be sufficient to eliminate the MED-induced route
   oscillations (subject to certain commonly adopted topological
   constrains).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-route-oscillation-stop/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-route-oscillation-stop/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.