Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-13.txt> (Advertisement of Multiple Paths in BGP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:41:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Advertisement of Multiple Paths in BGP'
  <draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a BGP extension that allows the advertisement
   of multiple paths for the same address prefix without the new paths
   implicitly replacing any previous ones.  The essence of the extension
   is that each path is identified by a path identifier in addition to
   the address prefix.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-add-paths/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-add-paths/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.