Subject: [Idr] [Errata Rejected] RFC1997 (4576)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 06:05:38 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC1997,
"BGP Communities Attribute".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=1997&eid=4576

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Gjoko Stamenkov <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-01-02
Rejected by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: GLOBAL

Original Text
-------------
Well-known Communities

   The following communities have global significance and their
   operations shall be implemented in any community-attribute-aware BGP
   speaker.

NO_EXPORT (0xFFFFFF01)
         All routes received carrying a communities attribute
         containing this value MUST NOT be advertised outside a BGP
         confederation boundary (a stand-alone autonomous system that
         is not part of a confederation should be considered a
         confederation itself).
NO_ADVERTISE (0xFFFFFF02)
         All routes received carrying a communities attribute
         containing this value MUST NOT be advertised to other BGP
         peers.
NO_EXPORT_SUBCONFED (0xFFFFFF03)
         All routes received carrying a communities attribute
         containing this value MUST NOT be advertised to external BGP
         peers (this includes peers in other members autonomous
         systems inside a BGP confederation).

Corrected Text
--------------
Well-known Communities

   The following communities have global significance and their
   operations shall be implemented in any community-attribute-aware BGP
   speaker.

NO_EXPORT (0xFFFFFF01)
         All routes received carrying a communities attribute
         containing this value MUST NOT be advertised to external BGP
         peers (this includes peers in other members autonomous
         systems inside a BGP confederation).  
NO_ADVERTISE (0xFFFFFF02)
         All routes received carrying a communities attribute
         containing this value MUST NOT be advertised to other BGP
         peers.
NO_EXPORT_SUBCONFED (0xFFFFFF03)
         All routes received carrying a communities attribute
         containing this value MUST NOT be advertised outside a BGP
         confederation boundary (a stand-alone autonomous system that
         is not part of a confederation should be considered a
         confederation itself).

Notes
-----
Definitions of NO_EXPORT and NO_EXPORT_SUBCONFED are interchanged in the original text.

=== (Alvaro Retana) ===

After some research and discussion with the WG [1], I'm rejecting this report.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg15364.html
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
   After some research and discussion with the WG [1], I'm rejecting this report.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg15364.html

--------------------------------------
RFC1997 (no draft string recorded)
--------------------------------------
Title               : BGP Communities Attribute
Publication Date    : August 1996
Author(s)           : R. Chandra, P. Traina, T. Li
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG