Subject: [Idr] RFC 7947 on Internet Exchange BGP Route Server

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 13:01:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7947

        Title:      Internet Exchange BGP Route Server 
        Author:     E. Jasinska, N. Hilliard,
                    R. Raszuk, N. Bakker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26589
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-ix-bgp-route-server-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7947

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7947

This document outlines a specification for multilateral
interconnections at Internet Exchange Points (IXPs).  Multilateral
interconnection is a method of exchanging routing information among
three or more External BGP (EBGP) speakers using a single
intermediate broker system, referred to as a route server.  Route
servers are typically used on shared access media networks, such as
IXPs, to facilitate simplified interconnection among multiple
Internet routers.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC