Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-15.txt> (Notification Message support for BGP Graceful Restart) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:38:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Notification Message support for BGP
Graceful Restart'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The BGP Graceful Restart mechanism defined in RFC 4724 limits the
   usage of BGP Graceful Restart to BGP protocol messages other than a
   BGP NOTIFICATION message.  This document updates RFC 4724 by defining
   an extension that permits the Graceful Restart procedures to be
   performed when the BGP speaker receives a BGP NOTIFICATION Message or
   the Hold Time expires.  This document also defines a new BGP
   NOTIFICATION Cease Error subcode whose effect is to request a full
   session restart instead of a Graceful Restart.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.