Subject: [Idr] Automatic session provisioning ....

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 01:34:40 +0200

Dear WG,

Actually I think Randy's show was quite right on the spot today !

There is a lot of junk around blowing out BGP to do a lot of stuff which it
does not need to do.

LSVR should IMHO propose a topo discovery for their own purpose and IDR
should have nothing to do with it.

Of course link state with flooding reduction can scale to much more then
10K nodes (**), but the point is valid that not everyone (especially the
white box vendors + software running on those OEMs) will implement it -
(personally I it would be awesome to see that happen soon - and there are
few players of white box OEM control planes here capable of doing it quite
well).

But what is there for IDR .. well a very basic configuration automation for
those MSDC-want to be - maybe still useful as not everyone will jump into
LSVR or get other routing operating systems .. hence my very basic proposal
in this space within IDR space.

Kind regards,
Robert.

**  - ISIS without any flooding optimizations does scale to 3K nodes of WAN
so potentially much more chatty then any DC space. And that is with few
well known SPF and flooding optimizations (partial SPF, exp backoff etc ...)