Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 07:56:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Methods for Detection and Mitigation of BGP Route Leaks
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Alexander Azimov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   Problem definition for route leaks and enumeration of types of route
   leaks are provided in RFC 7908.  This document specifies BGP
   enhancements that significantly extend its route-leak detection and
   mitigation capabilities.  The solution involves each participating AS
   setting a route-leak protection (RLP) field in BGP updates.  The RLP
   fields are carried in a new optional transitive attribute, called BGP
   RLP Attribute.  The RLP Attribute helps with detection and mitigation
   of route leaks at ASes downstream from the leaking AS (in the path of
   BGP update).  This is an inter-AS (multi-hop) solution mechanism.
   This solution complements the intra-AS (local AS) route-leak
   avoidance solution that is described in ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy
   draft.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 18:45:00 +0000

The author teams from the following two drafts...
 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation-08 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-eotr-policy-02 

have combined into one team, and we are happy to report that 
we've a converged towards a merged solution proposal and have uploaded a new merged draft:

We plan to present an update on this in the IDR WG meeting in Montreal.

Sriram

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

Abstract: