Subject: Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery

From: Nikos Triantafillis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 19:02:14 +0300

Hi,

I'm not aware of any IPR related to this draft.

Regards,

Nikos.-

From: Susan Hares <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]&gt>;
Sent: 02 July 2018 22:39
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'ÐìÐ¡»¢(ÒåÏÈ)'
<[email-masked]> <[email-masked]&gt>;; Ketan
Talaulikar (ketant) <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]&gt>;;
[email-masked]; 'John Scudder' <[email-masked]>
<[email-masked]&gt>;
Subject: WG adoption call for draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery

Greetings:

This begins a 2 week WG adoption call for
draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery (July 2 ¨C July 16).
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery/

The authors of this draft should send their IPR statements in response
to this email.  I hope the authors will ihelp their vacationing
co-authors to respond by July 7th.

The WG should consider the following:

1)     Does BGP need to have an autodiscovery mechanism for peers
within Data Centers?

2)     Does this mechanism work for other deployments?

3)     If so, should be passed in BGP Hello message?

Or should it be a part of another protocol (e.g. LLDP, BFD, etc).

4)     Does this interact with any of the LSVR work?

I want to thank the authors for their patience while we sorted through
some of the WG LC for other drafts.  We decided to wait until some of
those discussion were cleared up prior to starting a new WG Adoption
call.

Susan Hares

   - [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-xu-idr-neighbo...
   <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/7lxaNCosHpnq77SdssuX-pGL9QA>
 Susan
   Hares
   - Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-xu-idr-nei...
   <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/AlDp6t6hkf9s3jmObdqRQGeYASc>
     =?UTF-8?B?5b6Q5bCP6JmOKOS5ieWFiCk=?=
   - Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-xu-idr-nei...
   <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/GP2oXOzjP3PoJW_FYk4YMWl87x8>
 Jeff
   Tantsura
   - Re: [Idr] WG adoption call for draft-xu-idr-nei...
   <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/bPQu385CD1-DD5PCm-jvBEs6H3s>
 Ketan
   Talaulikar (ketant)

---

From: Neeraj Malhotra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:52:21 -0700

Hi,

my vote is no at this time.

would be more in favor of a generic discovery mechanism that addresses a
wider set of use cases as opposed to overloading BGP. seems a bit premature
to move forward with adoption at this time, without proper discussion on
that front.

Thanks,
Neeraj

 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery/>

 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery/>

 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery/>

 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-idr-neighbor-autodiscovery/>