Subject: [Idr] Default Policy: Ovewritten LOCAL_PREF

From: Alexander Azimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 20:02:01 +0300

Dear all,

Just to follow up on my talk, before the daily job will grab back all my
attention.

IMO we need default policies that will process different kinds of signals
(GRSH, Leak detection, others) that must have support in the code of the
routing software.

At the same time, I have an uneasy feeling if default policy will silently
overwrite route map configuration. And at least one implementation of GRSH
already does it.

My idea is that instead of encoding processing of these signals inside
LOCAL_PREF (btw, loosing information) we may create route separation on top
of BGP decision process. This should avoid the need for applying default
policies after route maps, so there would be strict order 'default policy'
-> 'routing policy'.
-- 
| Alexander Azimov  | HLL l QRATOR
| tel.: +7 499 241 81 92
| mob.: +7 915 360 08 86
| skype: mitradir
| mailto: [email-masked]
| visit: www.qrator.net