Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Segment Routing Prefix SID extensions for BGP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-27.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 14:54:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Segment Routing Prefix SID extensions for BGP'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-27.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an optional, transitive BGP attribute for
   announcing BGP Prefix Segment Identifiers (BGP Prefix-SID)
   information.

Working Group Summary

   WG consensus is strong.

   This document already went through IESG Evaluation.  After 
   approval, the WG decided to remove the IPv6 SID TLV for lack 
   of implementation, and because there are better proposals on 
   the table.  IOW, IPv6 is not being ignored -- it is just being moved 
   to another document.  The document went back to the WG for 
   discussion, an updated WGLC, and then again through IETF LC.

Document Quality

  Existing Implementations of protocol: 2 companies,  4 implementations see: 
   https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid%20implementations

Personnel

 Document Shepherd: Susan Hares 
 AD:  Alvaro Retana