Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 22:49:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Revision to Capability Codes Registration Procedures
        Author          : John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-05-28

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 5492 by making a change to the registration
   procedures for BGP Capability Codes.  Specifically, the range
   formerly designated "Reserved for Private Use" is divided into three
   new ranges, respectively designated as "First Come First Served",
   "Experimental" and "Reserved".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 05:55:02 +0000

Hi All,

On May 29, 2019, at 8:49 AM, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:

This version adds draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-04 to the list of specs using capability 129. As for my proposal to make 1-63 either FCFS or Reserved, I think there was consensus NOT to make it FCFS but I didn’t see clear consensus for Reserved vs. leaving it as IETF Review, so I’ve left it as it was. We can continue that discussion as desired during WGLC.

Speaking of which, I think the document is ready for WGLC and would like to request it. The only open issue I know of is the one mentioned above.

Thanks,

—John (with document author hat)

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 09:00:39 -0400

John: 

I agree.  I will start WG LC in a few moments. 

Cheerily, Susan Harwa

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Scudder
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Hares Susan
Subject: [Idr] Requesting WGLC [was: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt]

Hi All,

On May 29, 2019, at 8:49 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

Thanks,