Subject: [Idr] Rtgdir early review of draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05

From: Christian Hopps via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 19:27:43 -0700

Reviewer: Christian Hopps
Review result: Ready

Hello,

I have been selected to do a routing directorate “early” review of this draft.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change/

The routing directorate will, on request from the working group chair, perform
an “early” review of a draft before it is submitted for publication to the
IESG. The early review can be performed at any time during the draft’s lifetime
as a working group document. The purpose of the early review depends on the
stage that the document has reached.

As this document is in working group last call, my focus for the review was to
determine whether the document is ready to be published. Please consider my
comments along with the other working group last call comments.

For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Document: draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-05.txt
Reviewer: Christian Hopps
Review Date: June 11, 2019
Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary:

No issues found. This documents is ready to proceed to the IESG.

Comments:

The draft is very readable, and ready for publication.

For my own curiosity: while perusing the per revision changes, I saw "0 -
Reserved" was added then removed from the registration procedures table, but
"255 - Reserved" was left in. I figure "0" was removed b/c it's not a range and
it is reserved in the actual capability registry; however, why wouldn't this
logic then also apply to "255"?

Thanks,
Chris.