Subject: [Idr] Do you mind that draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-05.txt has IPR? [6/9/2019 to 6/16/2019]

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 13:08:45 -0400

IDR WG: 

This 2 week WG call to determine if the WG wishes to do a WG LC on
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd.   

If you wish the IDR WG to consider a WG LC, then indicate "support" in your
comments. 

If you wish the IDR WG to not consider a WG LC due to the IPR, then please
indicate "no support" in your comments. 

If you wish to provide additional comments for the authors as we head toward
WG LC, then please add these comments. 

The chairs read all comments related to a WG LC (including those with this
IPR call). 

Normally we do the calls at the same time, but the authors need to revise
the draft to address concerns from the shepherd.   Therefore, I'm pushing
ahead with the IPR call - so we can focus on the technical issues when
-06.txt is submitted. 

Cheerily, 

Sue Hares 

How to check IPR

----------------------

You can look at the IPR by clicking on the IPR button associated 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/

The IPR can be looked at directly at: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3273/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3023/

Jeff Tantsura (one of the inventors) indicates these IPRs are on 1 patent.

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:44:36 -0400

Sue,

I will mostly make note for this thread that the licensing is:
"Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory License to All Implementers with Possible
Royalty/Fee"

Since IDR standards often end up in open-source software, it is possible
(but not guaranteed) that such implementations may be precluded from
implementing the feature.

-- Jeff

> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr