Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 14:15:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extended Optional Parameters Length for BGP OPEN Message
        Authors         : Enke Chen
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-09.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-08-21

Abstract:
   The Optional Parameters in the BGP OPEN message as defined in the
   base BGP specification are limited to 255 octets due to a one-octet
   length field.  BGP Capabilities are carried in this field and may
   foreseeably exceed 255 octets in the future, leading to concern about
   this limitation.

   In this document we update RFC 4271 by extending, in a backward-
   compatible manner, the length of the Optional Parameters in the BGP
   OPEN.  The Parameter Length field of individual Optional Parameters
   is also extended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 21:24:45 +0000

Hi All,

This is just a version bump to keep the draft alive. We finished WGLC a while back and in reviewing the datatracker records, all we’re waiting for is to flesh out the implementation report:

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param%20implementations

I’ll work on that (with the help of a few of you others, I hope) and hopefully we can RFC this soon. If anyone else has an implementation to add to the report, please do so, or if editing the wiki is too much for you, email your report to me or to the list.

Thanks,

—John

> On Aug 21, 2020, at 5:15 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> [External Email. Be cautious of content]
> 
> 
...