Subject: [Idr] RFC 8814 on Signaling Maximum SID Depth (MSD) Using the Border Gateway Protocol - Link State

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 21:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8814

        Title:      Signaling Maximum SID Depth (MSD) 
                    Using the Border Gateway Protocol - 
                    Link State 
        Author:     J. Tantsura,
                    U. Chunduri,
                    K. Talaulikar,
                    G. Mirsky,
                    N. Triantafillis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8814

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8814

This document defines a way for a Border Gateway Protocol - Link
State (BGP-LS) speaker to advertise multiple types of supported
Maximum SID Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.

Such advertisements allow entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to
determine whether a particular Segment Identifier (SID) stack can be
supported in a given network.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC